We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiscardo boat hire for the day

3 posts
Save Topic
Fiscardo boat hire for the day

Folks does anyone have experience of hiring a motor boat during peak July / August time? i.e. Do I need to book in advance before we get there or from experience are they fairly readily available for spot hire?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiscardo boat hire for the day

Hi Ian and welcome,

They do often sell out during the peak season but rarely by the day before. If you are staying in the village it makes sense to call in the day before. Note that fuel cost is not included in the price and is added on at the end of the day.

There are two companies at opposite ends of the harbour

http://www.fiscardo.com/rent_a_boat.htm

agni.gr/kefalonia_travel_guide/…index.asp

Have a great time.

Bob

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiscardo boat hire for the day

Thanks for the prompt and comprehensive response. Appreciated.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiscardo boat hire for the day

I think you should reserve as early as possible. Unfortunately, there is a local political issue which has stopped two of the operators working this year. Actually the two at opposite ends of the harbour. This may or may not be resolved by July / August. The only two operating for sure will be Regina Boat Hire and one in the middle of the harbour within the floating pontoon run by a lady called Dimitra. Sorry I do not have contact details for either of these so advise you do a recki as soon as you get to Fiscardo

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiscardo boat hire for the day

Cheers for the update Fishingboat

Bob

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiscardo boat hire for the day

👍 thank you

6. Re: Fiscardo boat hire for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations