We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Swansea, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

has anyone got any feedback on the villa and surrounding area,example how far is it to walk into fiskardo,will be staying there end of june thanks in advance

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hiya. How was your stay? We are thinking of booking this villa next year - do you recommend it? It looks like it has a great location...

K xx

Swansea, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hello,

We had a great time , the Villa was one of the best we have stayed in , very large and a little too big for just the two of us( having 5 bedrooms)but for a family you could not ask for more.the pool was a nice size and very private.the outside pool and table tennis are ideal if you have children with you,the bq area and outside eating area was great (charcoal and fire lighters can be bought in supermarket in fiskardo)

villa is in walking distance to a lovely little beach, but it can get crowded as the guests from the hotel use it.

Fiskardo is in walking distance if you are young and fit as it is a little hilly, Driving from the airport is fine,, we used our sat nav and villa plus sent a very easy to follow map.

This was our 4th visit to Kefalonia and have visited most places so if there is anything else you would like to know just let us know .

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Thanks so much for responding - the villa sounds great! I'm sorry to say I fibbed as I wanted an honest response - we're actually booked for 2 weeks this August but I didn't want you to feel 'obliged' to tell us it was nice so as not to disappoint us! We stayed at the Almyra 10 years ago so I know the area a little - is there a cut-through to the harbour or do you have to walk up and round? Also did you go to the Emelisse Hotel for lunch/supper at all?

Also - silly question - is the pool as murky as it looks in the photos?!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Thanks so much for responding - the villa sounds great! I'm sorry to say I fibbed as I wanted an honest response - we're actually booked for 2 weeks this August but I didn't want you to feel 'obliged' to tell us it was nice so as not to disappoint us! We stayed at the Almyra 10 years ago so I know the area a little - is there a cut-through to the harbour or do you have to walk up and round? Also did you go to the Emelisse Hotel for lunch/supper at all?

Also - silly question - is the pool as murky as it looks in the photos?!

Swansea, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hi , Fibbs forgiven, You will not be disappointed in the villa one bit, the pool was very clean & clear but when we were there the whirl pool jets were out and could not be repaired until the end of the season because the pool would have to be drained . There is a walk behind the Villa down to the harbour but it does not save you anything as there is no access from the rear of the villa ,so you still need to walk to the top road and then back down , you still have to walk mainly on the road. As for the Hotel we intended walking over to have a meal but decided why pay for the same view we prefered to go down to the harbour on the nights we did not B B Q We hired a car from the Airport and used our sat nav which we found beneficial . Anything else you want to know before you go just get back to us . If we don't hear from you have a great holiday

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hi. Thanks so much for your responses - they've been really helpful. I'll let you know how we get on!

Charlotte x

Liverpool, England...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Charlotte,

Just wondering how you got on at Villa Emelisse? We are thinking of booking for next year but just wanted to ask a couple of questions. Is Fiscardo walking distance? How are the prices ie. restaurants and mini markets in Fiscardo - i've heard it's quite dear? Finally, is there a big supermarket that you can recommend? We are hiring cars so travelling is not an issue.

Thanks in advance, Tim.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hi Tim

I think Charlotte is at the villa as we speak/write, I hope you don't mind me responding!

As there's no cut through to the village from the villa, it's necessary to walk to the road to Emblissi beach and the Emelisse hotel. From there it's a walk up a steep hill to the main road and then downhill, though not as steep, in to the harbour. Although not that far, because of the terrain, I would allow 25-30 minutes depending on level of fitness.

We sometimes do a split centre visit to Lourdas and Fiscardo and can honestly say that there's not a huge difference in food and drink prices. This has been echoed in discussion on other forum topics both by day trippers to the village and by people staying there.

There are 3 supermarkets, all reasonably stocked. Our particular favourite is the newest one which is located at the entrance to the 'new' square, next to Cafe Tselentis. In addition there's 2 bakeries and a fresh fishmonger, You will be able to get everything you need in the village.

Liverpool, England...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hi FiscardoFan,

Mind? Not at all!!! Thanks so much for your reply.

We have stayed on Kefalonia before and have visited Fiscardo - it's beautiful. That was quite a few years ago so i'd imagine that its changed a bit since then.

Thanks for the advice on town itself and the walk - i'd imagine we'll drive as there'll be 3 kids with us - 7, 3 and 1!!

I'm looking forward to hearing from Charlotte to find out how she found the villa. VERY excited about going back.

Thanks again, Tim.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villa emelisse fiscardo villa plus

Hi again Tim,

I would imagine that the little ones would moan a bit, maybe more than a bit, during the uphill stretches.

I think the main change you'll see is the 'new' square. Very nice, though I've never been convinced about how 'Greek' it is!

Around 2008 ish we noticed a big hike in taverna prices but then people stopped eating out as much. They soon came back down again.

Yes I hope Charlotte gets back to us on her return.

Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations