We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Which Fiscardo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Just booked a late holiday with our first week in Antipata and second in Fiscardo. We are a family of four with two teenage girls who like their social media! Any free wifi around (neither of our accommodations, Aloni villas and Kalokeri apartments say they have wifi in the tour operators description). Any other suggestions for teenagers welcomed!

So excited - less than a month to go!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Hi Boo L

I'm assuming that you realise that the accommodations are only a couple of miles apart.

We've never travelled with teenagers, I don't know other than social media what interests your girls have but in Antipata especially there's little other than your pool to keep them occupied (the village, lovely though it is comprises one cafe, 2 tavernas and a small tourist shop)

I have the Ionian brochure and there's no mention of wifi in that or on their website which seems to suggest that there is none but if you ring or email Ionian they should be able to confirm.

Wifi is widely available in the cafés and restaurants in Fiscardo, though you will of course be expected to order something. I think it's also available at Pama travel - Ionians agents.

Others , with teenagers might have more suggestions. It's a beautiful area, some nice beaches, small coves rather than long stretches of sand. I'm sure you'll have a great time if the girls are happy to just chill and get their internet fix when you go out.

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Thanks for that. Yes, unfortunately voyage prive confirmed us two weeks in the villas, but it was overbooked with Ionian so we have to move after the first week. So, first week spent chilling by the pool then second week more adventurous! I believe we can walk into Fiscardo from the Kalokeri apts.

What's your recommendation on boat trips? Not sure about hiring a boat - can you get a one day hair in resort in high season?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Hi again Boo

Yes you can easily walk into Fiscardo from the Kalokeri, 10 minutes going down a little longer coming back. You can also walk from Antipata, a couple of different routes if you're interested!

There's normally 2 or 3 boat hire companies in Fiscardo but as you may have noticed from other threads there's been a problem with licensing this year and there is currently only one operating, Regina Boat hire who do have a website. Member squirrel. . Has just reported that he's booked a boat for later in the week and the diary looks full.

There are 2 boat trips from the Harbour, one to Ithaca and one to Meganisi and Lefkas, both are good but we prefer the Ithaca one. There's also a Marine Adventure tour operated by a British guy called Jamie which gets rave reviews, 50ish € each I think. He too has a website (sorry but I can't copy and paste links as I'm not on my computer).

It's also possible to do a DIY trip by ferry to Lefkas. The timetables, itinerary and tickets are available at Nautilus travel in the harbour.

There are a couple of sites of Roman remains around the harbour which will either bore the girls to tears or may be of interest! Quite nicely presented so possibly worth a little look anyway!

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Thank you again Fiscardofan. I'm a great believer in finding out as much as you can before you go, so really appreciate any 'insider tips'. Any recommendations (or cautions) welcome. What's the mossie situation like?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,663 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

If you are hiring a car we can suggest lots of places worth visiting otherwise fiscardofan will have all the answers you need!!

Bob

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Yes, we have a car for the full duration (although will probably not go too far in the first week, just food shopping and to the odd restaurant) but yes, we will go out and about. How about Lixuori? about how long will it take to get places? Any good tips welcomed. Petrol stations? etc Thanks in advance

Pershore, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Just back from Fiscardo and can recommend Jamie's boat trip. Very educational and great for snorkelling and the lunch is to die for, don't worry if you don't want to snorkell as Jamie does not push this part of the trip. On the journey Jamie will capture several sea creatures and put them in an aquarium on board and give a talk on them and then release them back to the sea unharmed.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,663 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Hi again,

Getting to anywhere from Fiscardo is a bit of a conundrum at the moment. The road between Myrtos Beach and Assos is closed at the moment for essential repairs and alterations. It was SUPPOSED to be re-opening sometime around end of June beginning of July but nobody really knows.

If it is open then you just drive down the West coast all the way to Katochori, take a sharp right turn and just follow the road all the way round to Lixouri. It will probably take about an hour.

If the road is still closed then you leave Fiscardo as far as Vasilikiades,turn left to Pirgos, Karya, Komitata, Neochori and on to Agia Efimia (worth a stop). From here cut across to the West coast and then as before. This is a lovely alternative with great views of Ithaca and adds about 20-30 minutes to the time.

Driving as a tourist from Fiscardo to Skala in the far South East takes about two to two and a half hours.

Places to see- Assos. If you intend to walk up to the fortress try to get to the village by about 10am as there is no shade on the way up. Take water with you as there are no facilities up there. It is a good idea to try and read something about it beforehand otherwise it could be boring. The village is worth a visit anyway.

Agia Efimia for a relaxing day. There are a couple of small beaches beyond the tavernas and several on the road to Sami.

Melisanni and Drogerati Caves near Sami.

Antisamos beach - In my opinion better than Myrtos Beach and much better for swimming as well as better café/bars.

St Gerasimos Monastery (closed afternoons)

St Georges Castle.

Summit of Mt Ainos.

The drive from Sami to Skala.

Over to others.

Bob

London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Hi Boo, we've just returned from Fiscardo and spent a lot of time in both Antipata and Fiscardo. The 2 restaurants and 1 café in Antipata all have free wifi.

The majority of restaurants/bars in Fiscardo also had free wifi, I don't think your kids will miss out much from their social media addiction! Have a wonderful time.

Regards

Kim

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Antipata and fiscardo - wifi and teenagers!

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice - all I an say is 'I'm so excited' (doing a little dance!!) can't wait. Everyone I've spoken to who has been says the same as all of you. Anything else I need to know gratefully received

Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations