We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

We arrived in Kefalonia on 29th June and leave on 13th July 2014, currently staying in Fiskardo and would really appreciate any information as to whether the road to Mythos beach is closed and if anyone knows when it might open.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,883 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Hi Sunseeker and welcome,

It is actually Myrtos Beach. Mythos is a Greek lager!

Answer to first question - Yes still closed

Answer to second question - If you mean road down to Myrtos Beach then it is supposed to be open round about the time you leave.

If you mean road from Fiscardo that goes past the top of the Myrtos beach then as far as I know that is still closed and nobody knows when it will be open. I am in contact with a local taxi driver who has promised to let me know when any more info becomes available.

Have a visit to Antisamos beach instead. It is much safer for swimming and has a better café/bar.

Have a great holiday

Bob

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Bob,

Thanks so much for your post, looks like I'll just have to come back again next year to visit Myrtos but will definitely check out Antisamos beach before I leave, visited the island 6 times and wasn't aware of it, so thanks for the tip!

If you do get any updates I'd be grateful to hear, especially when the road between Fiskardo and Myrtos is open as I may be back later in the year.

Many thanks

Sun Seeker

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Bob,

Thanks so much for your post, looks like I'll just have to come back again next year to visit Myrtos but will definitely check out Antisamos beach before I leave, visited the island 6 times and wasn't aware of it, so thanks for the tip!

If you do get any updates I'd be grateful to hear, especially when the road between Fiskardo and Myrtos is open as I may be back later in the year.

Many thanks

Sun Seeker

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,883 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Antisamos beach - 90+ photographs (some rubbish!)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g678734-…

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,883 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Road down to Myrtos Beach now open

Road from Myrtos Beach area to Assos still closed at moment

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Thanks for the update Bob, in Kefalonia today and looking to visit, so really helpful to know. Another beautiful day butlwill update if any issues! Appreciate your posts.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Just been for a swim at the beach, all up and running :-)

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Whilst Myrtos Beach has now reopened, there were a further two landslips at one end of it after our storm and heavy rain here on Tuesday. (Yes you did read that right - a storm and heavy rain in July! It was more like October weather).

As far as I am aware, the beach is still open BUT the damage done by the rain to the part of the main road between Myrtos and Assos that is being repaired, means that the reopening of the main road will certainly be delayed even longer.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 05:59
Leeds
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Does that mean that if you are travelling from Lourdas, that you can only get to Assos from the Fiskardo side?

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is the Road to Mythos Beach still closed?

Hi there,

Yes it is just returned from Assos... Im afraid so, so youhave to go up over the mountain to get to Myrtos, which incidentally is now open, but its an easy lovely journey.

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations