We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

We are staying in Fiscardo this year. Looking on Google Earth there seems to be a small beach just in front of our villa. It is just around the corner (to the left of) the harbour. Is this a nice beach for just sitting and swimming?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

Hi Sue

From your description, left of the harbour (if looking out to sea) it's probably Emblissi beach. If so, yes it's a very pretty beach, stone/pebbles with beautiful clear water. No facilities as such.

Just to be sure, could you give the name of your villa and or the map co-ordinates?

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

Thanks for replying. If you look towards the harbour from the sea, our villa is just around the left corner (going towards the Emelisse hotel. The villa is called Villa Ireni.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

Hi again Sue

I'm confused now (easily done) if you look towards the harbour from the sea the Emelisse is to the right not the left.

There are 3 Villa Ireni's that I'm aware of - there may be more, one with Simpson Travel though I have seen it on other sites, one with Villa plus and one with Owners Direct.

The one to the left is the Simpson one and has no pool, there is a small beach nearby called Eleni's is that it?

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

That's exactly it!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

Eureka!

Eleni's is a lovely little beach, just below the road but not a busy road. Like all other beaches in the area it is pebbly so not the most comfortable to lie on. The first supermarket that you come to walking into the harbour from Ireni sells foam beach mats as does the Chandlers, at the opposite end of the harbour.

here are a couple of photos that might help.

kefalonia-online.de/uploads/kefalonia-fiscar…

I know you cant see the beach here lol, but if you stick with me, the edge of the terrace you can see in the right hand foreground is your villa. If you look at the buildings in the background of this photo, then again in the one that follows, with beach, you will see how close it is to your villa!

patsyearnshaw.co.uk/images/…20beach.jpg

There are a couple of other very small coves further in the same direction and about 10-15 minutes away is Foki beach which has a Taverna opposite, again no beds or other facilities so you would do well to take a mat.

Have a great holiday.

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

Thank you so much for taking the time to send such a helpful response. Getting excited now!

7. Re: Beach neat Fiscardo harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations