We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do whilst waiting for flight

Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
What to do whilst waiting for flight

Hi, Unfortunatley our airline has changed the departure time to 10pm.

My villa's kick out time is only 10am!!!

I have 4 young children and a load of luggage to drag around with me for the day.

Any suggestions?

maybe a super friendly restaurant/hotel that will allow us to keep our luggage with them whilst we have lunch then later dinner before heading to the airport?!

bristol
Level Contributor
752 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

This happened to us only once. We booked a room at another accommodation. Left our existing room by ten, loaded our luggage into the room which was only across the road and left it there, returning to shower and collect later. I cannot remember how much we paid but the owner knew we would not be staying overnight and it was well worth it.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,425 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

Hi Claire,

First ask your villa owner if you can check out later. They are often helpful especially if their next guests are on the plane that you will be catching! They also may let you leave your luggage at the Villa whilst you wander into Fiscardo harbour.

Secondly There is a taverna/café/bar just 100 metres from the airport entrance. It has a swimming pool!

If you are driving a car back to the airport there is also Minies beach very close to the airport.

Hope you have a good holiday

Bob

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

Hi Claire,

On the harbour front in Fiscardo, at the end where the ferry docks and just after the first few tavernas there is a board on a building which advertises showers available and gives a little diagram as to where. Intended originally for people on the yachts who don't have facilities.

I would seek it out on the Sunday morning after your arrival. I'm sure they would keep an eye on your luggage too.

Another alternative is to sound out people in the bars and restaurants during your stay, I'm not so sure they can help out with showers but I'm sure most would be ok at you leaving luggage especially if you are an existing customer, I would hope that you would have your meal/drinks there on departure day too!

If you aren't in direct contact with the owners of the villa, did you book it through an agent? As at least one major tour operator has evening flights, it must be a situation that arises quite often.

Have a safe trip out and a great holiday.

Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

Thank you all for your help.

there are people arriving in the villa after us so they need time to clean it hence the 10am departure.

We shall look into the showers for the day and local tavernas for lunch then try the taverna by the airport for dinner

much appreciate the advice x

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

Just to add, the taverna at the airport also has showers.

Level Contributor
4,073 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

Hi Claire it's called Ikarus Cafe Bar & the kids will get a great view of the planes which might help to pass a bit of time. We use it every year as it's more relaxed than the terminal

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

And if you don't want to partake in the pool..........there's another Taverna just across the road too. It's all very civilised compared to elsewhere. Check in, dump the luggage and head to the Taverna to chillax.

8. Re: What to do whilst waiting for flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations