We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peyia football team

Which Peyia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Peyia football team

I will be in Peyia from the 3rd to 17th Aug, does anyone know if the local football team will have any games during this time.

Thank You

Hawickbear

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
325 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peyia football team

Well, things have changed a lot in Peyia since the last time you were there I guess.

In 2011 the club was relegated to 2nd division. In 2012 after a lot of economic problems the club was sent to fourth division. Then, it went bankrupt and was dissolved...

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peyia football team

Thank you for your reply i never knew that, Pity as i was hoping to watch a game whilst on my holidays.

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
325 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peyia football team

There is another team from the Paphos area, AEK from the suburb of Kouklia in the outskirts of Paphos, playing in the 1st division this year. Unfortunately for you, the championship won't start until the 31st of August (too hot for the players).

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peyia football team

Once again thank you for your response it's much appreciated, i guess it will have to be the pub to take in a televised pre-season friendly for my fix.

5. Re: Peyia football team

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Peyia
Recent Conversations