We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Covarrubias Mosquitos and taxi

Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Covarrubias Mosquitos and taxi

I've read several reviews mentioning mosquitos at the Cova. How bad are they in Jan/Feb? Is the situation with them any different than the Pesquero Beach or Guadalavaca areas at the same time of year? Also, has anyone ever taken a taxi from Holguin airport to the Cova and if so what was the cost if you don't mind me asking. Thank you.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Covarrubias Mosquitos and taxi

We cant wait to go back to Covarrubias!

But I bet you couldn't give a darn about that! lol

We drove through the worst rain storm I've seen in Cuba, to get to this hotel. It rained so much I didn't know if the resort would even be there when we arrived.

So, With all that rain, you might think the mosquitoes were going to be bad. They were at early night and early morning. The hotel grounds crew fogged at dusk and early in the Am.

The mozzies were a none issue during the day! We brought our bug spray for the evenings. They, were no more a pest, than anywhere else we have gone to in Cuba. Comparable to Guardalavaca? Well when we were there ,I didn't notice. There would have been some very drunk mosquitoes flying around! I'm Much better behaved now, and all growed up. lol

As far a taxi fares , sorry can't help you there. I'm sure someone will be along here soon.

Hope everything works out for you,

Salud!

Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Covarrubias Mosquitos and taxi

Thanks for the reply deebob. I think it's great you can't wait to return to Covarrubias. If you didn't enjoy yourself you wouldn't be feeling that way. I have read many positive reviews so we are hoping to add this area to our upcoming vacation. Can you tell me if there is a safe in the rooms and if so is there a fee to use them? Thanks.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Covarrubias Mosquitos and taxi

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

There was a safe in our room. At that time, I don;t think were were charged for it. Maybe now, check the tour operator's details. Super secure resort!

4. Re: Brisas Covarrubias Mosquitos and taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Padre
Recent Conversations