We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik to Senj

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik to Senj

Hi There,

Can anybody please tell me the quickest/easiest way to get to Senj from Dubrovnik?

I found one timetable and it said that there was only one bus that leaves Dubrovnik at 18:00 - is this correct.

Thanks in advance!

Nehaj Castle
Speciality Museums
Lukovo Beach
Beaches, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Grifon
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Zoos
6 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik to Senj

You can change in Split or Zadar for more daily options. To Senj, I think there is no other way than bus.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik to Senj

Actually, the quickest way is a Croatia Arilines flight to Zagreb (50 min) and bus to Senj (about 3 hours).

Edited: 13 September 2013, 15:05
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,069 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik to Senj

Senj is a long way up the coast from Dubrovnik so not options. The way that BObyyy gave you about short flight to Zagreb is about the best you could do depending on matching up flight arrivals with bus departures from Zagreb to Senj. Renting a car and just driving might be another option but maybe you don't want to do that?

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik to Senj

Thanks everyone - as well as being quick we were hoping to keep it as cheap as possible as well, it sounds as though bussing to split then onto Senj is the easiest way?

Croatia
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik to Senj

www.libertasdubrovnik.hr/index-mobile.html

There's a bus leaving from Dubrovnik to Rijeka at 8.00 and it should be in Senj around 19.30 (Autotrans). There's another one leaving at 6.30 and you arrive an hour earlier but it's from a company that's gone bancrupt recently and the buses are porly maintained, they tend to brake a lot so you have to change them along the way. You should check with Libertas or Autotrans if there are any changes in timetable during the off season.

I think you will have to switch buses in Rijeka if you come from Zagreb but I'm not sure.

You can also check Jadrolinija if they have a Dubrovnik - Rijeka line (I think overnight) and then catch a bus from Rijeka to Senj

I think you will have to change buses in Rijeka if you come from Zagreb but I'm not sure.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik to Senj

The Dubrovnik - Rijeka ferry exists, but it not just an overnight line - it is a 24 hours line, and more expensive than a bus.

Buses go directly to Senj from Zagreb.

Anyway you can check CA flights. On some days tickets could be rather cheap, maybe let say 50% more than a bus. Return ticket could be cheaper than one way ones. In this case just forget to return.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 13:55
Reply to: Dubrovnik to Senj
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Senj
More Senj Topics