We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abel Tasman NP

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Abel Tasman NP

Hi!

Do you think it is too much to spend 3 days in Abel Tasman NP?

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,358 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abel Tasman NP

No. Depends how fit you are and what time of year you going. You can spend all day swimming and enjoying the beach. Id highly recommend you spend at least one day kayaking. My suggestion, kayak to te pukatea, then walk to Anchorage or Bark Bay. Then walk further into park. The water taxi can pick you up as arranged on your final day and bring you back to marahau. A totally stunning park. Take your swimwear and enjoy. Further north from totaranui is mutton cove which is much less populated in summer and one of my favourite spots

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Abel Tasman NP

Thanks a lot for your tips ;)

I'm going there in November so it should be okay :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abel Tasman NP

I don't think so...I spent 2 nights there but only had one full day. I did a full day tour that allowed me to see the highlights (kayaking in the morning, hike in the afternoon) and it was wonderful. I wouldn't have minded an extra day or two there at all. It's so beautiful. We only spent two nights because we only had about 12 days in NZ in total and we wanted to see some other sites before heading home.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,316 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abel Tasman NP

Nope, more time is best :)

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Abel Tasman NP

No, relax and enjoy!

6. Re: Abel Tasman NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Abel Tasman National...