We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks in the Lofoten Islands

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which A i Lofoten hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walks in the Lofoten Islands

Hi,

I'm planning a cycle tour trip passing through the Lofoten Islands in July this year. I plan to take a day off to do some walks in the area as the scenario looks stunning. I was thinking of trying to find a hill to walk up from Reine to get a good view of the bay and mountains. Does anyone have any recomendations?.

One issue I was a bit worried about is that I'm told that the Lofotoens will be very busy in the summer and as I wasn't planning to book accomadation in advance but stay at a local campsite I was wondering whether it is possible that these could get full during this time. Is it reasonable for me to assume that I will be able to camp without prebooking as it's been suggested?.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,467 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

With a tent I think there is always space (although I do not Lofoten camping specifically).

For hiking best to ask locals.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,165 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

For hiking see

http://www.lofoten.info/index.php?c=461&kat=In+the+mountains

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

You can camp anywhere in Norway, so long as its 100m away from roads and buildings!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

This is a good source of info for hikes http://www.68north.com/outdoors/ The guy whose site it is has done a lot of camping in Lofoten.

I guess Reinebringen is what you are looking for if you want a good view of the Reine area.

Berlin, Germany
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

I used www.hiking-lofoten.net. They have by far the most walks in their database on the Lofoten.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

I second the recommendation of www.hiking-lofoten.net , better known as www.rando-lofoten.net . Great photos and videos in addition to hike descriptions. You need to register to get access to all the information on the site.

7. Re: Walks in the Lofoten Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 20:15