We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Valery su somme to Paris

Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Saint Valery su somme to Paris

Going over to hopefully stay at Chateau de Drancourt late October (unless anyone knows of a better campsite for our motorhome??), and I wondered if it was possible to get the train to Paris? We would need to park the motorhome at a station or nearby securely for the day. Also, is there anywhere else that anybody recommends us to visit? we are there for 4 days so want to make the most of it. thanks!

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Valery su somme to Paris

The nearest main station is Abbeville. However, check whether the preserved Chemin de Fer de la Baie du Somme is opperating while you are there as that will take you from St Valery to the mainline at Noyelles.

Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Valery su somme to Paris

Thanks for that, will check it out.

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint Valery su somme to Paris

I think this may be too late (sorry - been busy!) but the main line from Bolougne to Amiens / Paris runs from Noyelles which is closer to St Valery than Abbeville. It has a good sized car park. The campsite is good

Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saint Valery su somme to Paris

Thank you for the reply. It was indeed too late for this trip but we've had a lovely time and will be re-visiting the area again so I can see us using this valuable piece of information!

5. Re: Saint Valery su somme to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Valery-sur-Somme