We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Size Town within 2 hrs of Calais for 3 Nights

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable Size Town within 2 hrs of Calais for 3 Nights

Hi

I am looking for somewhere suitable for a 3 night break with a 6 year old, within 2 hrs drive of Calais. Ideally somewhere will a good choice of restaurants, sights and accessible to a beach,

Also, if anyone has accommodation recommendations, somewhere where we can walk to the town, hotel, B&B or holiday rental would be great. I've looked a Valery but I am not sure there is enough there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 reply
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable Size Town within 2 hrs of Calais for 3 Nights

Just returned from a 3 night break , staying at st valery. (No kids though).

thoroughly recommend it. I don't think you could spend 3 whole days here but there is enough for maybe two or three half days, leaving time for short day trips. It has medieval bits, walks along the canal, a steam train, boat trips. No proper beach.

If you stay at le Castel (a chateau in grounds surrounded by castle walls) your kid will have a whale of a time. Eu 475 for 3 nights BB ina double room + extra for 3rd bed.

Le Touquet is another possibility with a large beach. But boring.

(sorry - just realised this was an old post.. Hopefully, it will be useful to others with the same thought.)

Edited: 15 June 2016, 18:54
Reply to: Reasonable Size Town within 2 hrs of Calais for 3 Nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Valery-sur-Somme