We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Faro - Vila Nova de Milfontes

Warrington, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Public transport from Faro - Vila Nova de Milfontes

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. We are planning to travel tomorrow from Faro to Vila Nova de Milfontes. We would like to take a train from Faro to Funcheira at 1735-1922. I have found information about taxis from Funcheira to Vila Nova, and have sent a request for a reservation using this website: rotavicentina.com/servicos-turisticos/… However, I haven't received a reply yet, so don't want to book the train unless we can definitely get a taxi. I know it's the busy season so I am worried that there won't be any taxis available, and therefore no way of us getting to Vila Nova! Does anyone know what the availability of taxis is like please?

Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,202 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Faro - Vila Nova de Milfontes

Funcheira is a tiny village in the middle of nowhere that just happened, once upon a time. to be a railway junction. It's around 30 miles to Vila Nova das Milfontes as you probably know.

I suggest you phone or text the taxi company they list for Funcheira. They will almost certainly speak English.

Nelson Coelho

M: (+351) 960 049 312

914 904 681

I actually passed through Funcheira on a train from Lisbon to Albufeira yesterday afternoon. We stopped and about 6 people got off. I couldn´t see if there was a taxi

Vila Nova das Millfontes is almost impossible to get to from Faro by coach. There is only one practicable trip per day that does not involve going through Lisbon, which is rather a long way around to say the least.

There are no buses I know of between Funcheira and Vila Nova das Milfontes or anywhere nearby except on schooldays.

Edited: 15 August 2014, 09:39
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,774 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Faro - Vila Nova de Milfontes

This company is located in Vila Nova Milfontes and speaks english, call them http://www.mtaxis.pt/english/contact.php

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from Faro - Vila Nova de Milfontes

It looks like you're heading for an expensive travel.

You could take the train or bus from Faro to Lagos (Algarve).

http://www.algarvebus.info/006.htm#times

http://www.algarvebus.info/transrapido.htm

(Algarvebus - courtesy Cubsur)

From Lagos there's a Rede-Expressos bus which leaves at 15.20 and arrives at 17.05 in Vila Nova de Milfontes.

Reply to: Public transport from Faro - Vila Nova de Milfontes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vila Nova de Milfontes