We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ashtamudi to poovar houseboat? Kovalam

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ashtamudi to poovar houseboat? Kovalam

Hi

We wd stay in ashtamudi clubmahindra for 3nights. Then wd go to Poovar clubmahindra for another 3 nights.

I want to know if we can go from Ashtamudi to Poovar by a houseboat. If yes how will I be changed.

Also, I want to see Kovalam as q day trip. From which of the above location it wd be convenient? Or is it worth a night halt?

Please help!

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ashtamudi to poovar houseboat? Kovalam

We are going to Astamudi by train and getting down at Kollam. I learnt that my clubmahindra resort is only 15 km. For which they charge 500/- for indica. I think its just too unreasonable. So, I want to know is there any scarcity of vehicle at the station or that is the going rate in that area?

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: ashtamudi to poovar houseboat? Kovalam

is that the hotel rate ?

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: ashtamudi to poovar houseboat? Kovalam

the rate for Indica per kM would be max INR 10 for A/C , and they charge you round trip

plenty of taxi's are available outside the Kollam railway station

14. Re: ashtamudi to poovar houseboat? Kovalam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 03:17