We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Day Boat Trip

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Half Day Boat Trip

We're taking the train from Varkala to Kollam and would like to do a half-day boat trip on Ashtamudi Lake. I have seen houseboat and group canoe trips are available but we are looking for a private half day tour

We have been to Allepey before and did a very enjoyable shikara boat trip for 4/5 hours. Is it possible to do a shikara trip on Ashtamudi Lake?

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

check with DTPC Kollam

www.dtpckollam.com/intinerary.html#canal

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

Thanks for this. The Monroe Island trip sounds good. However, do you know know of any private boat tours? (e.g. shikara rather than canoe)

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

priyadashini boat club mentioned in the below review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297639-d175…

the contact numbers is mentioned in the below link

www.dtpcthiruvananthapuram.com/Varkala.html

Kolbotn, Norway
Level Contributor
519 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

I took this tour a couple of years ago the boat was i believe a shikara,or a wide body punt,there is a pic on the web site. the trip took 3 hours ,but i see any any time can be catered for, An amazing trip. tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g784581-…

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

Thanks for the info! We did look at the canoes but a shikara is, I think, bigger than a canoe but smaller than a houseboat - something like this:

…tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/13/55/9e/s…

But maybe they are only in Allepey!

6. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 12:05
Kolbotn, Norway
Level Contributor
519 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

The boat type Vijeesh uses has are very wide body .I would say more of a punt than a canoe,Just as you say between a canoe and a shikara.All the same you wont be dissapointed it was a fantastic trip ,and one that i will take again when i return to India.

8. Re: Half Day Boat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:16