We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

African safari

Which Karatu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
African safari

I want to plan a trip to Africa to see wildlife and relax a bit. Can anyone reccommend a good tour company? I'm thinking of traveling in February 2015, going to Tanzania, Kenya and or South Africa. I may be traveling alone, so would like to join a group tour.

Thanks

1 reply
nyc
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: African safari

Suggest you pick up a few guidebooks for each of these countries for useful information. Bear in mind also that Kenya & Tanzania are in East Africa, whereas South Africa is as the name indicates in the south of this very large continent. Transport to/from isn't all that easy and can be rather costly.

You'll have to decide where you really wish to visit, how you plan to get to/from Africa and know that pricing will be different at each as they are seasonal.

Once you have your own idea of what will best suit your wishes, then you can check for 'group' tour operators to assist you. Otherwise, as a solo traveler and having to pay the single supplement can hit your budget greatly. And there are few grpup tour operators that visit both East and South as one trip.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 21:30
Reply to: African safari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karatu
More Karatu Topics