We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice - Hike to waterfall at Gibbs Farm -- how difficult?

Annapolis
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice - Hike to waterfall at Gibbs Farm -- how difficult?

I have breathing issues (cancer in lungs) and am a little worried about this hike. Anyone do this hike? How difficult is it and how "uphill" is it? I can walk for days on flat - but as soon as I hit an incline - I have trouble. Would greatly appreciate any advice. If too difficult -- any nice place for me to hang out while friends hike it? Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
South Riding VA
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice - Hike to waterfall at Gibbs Farm -- how difficult?

I don't know the answer to your question. We didn't have time to do it. But if no one responds here on TA, I suggest you contact the managers. They were very approachable. I know there is plenty to do there, including bread baking, coffee roasting, etc. The contact info is on the Gibbs website.

Have a great time-chris

Edited: 20 July 2014, 16:36
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
364 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice - Hike to waterfall at Gibbs Farm -- how difficult?

I think the answer to that question will be what altitude you are starting at and how much you gain on the hike. If you are starting at a higher altitude, which I think might be true of that area, you will already be at a disadvantage in terms of your lung capacity.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice - Hike to waterfall at Gibbs Farm -- how difficult?

Haven't done the walk at Endoro Falls, but as posting above... you're already at altitude in the town of Karatu where Gibb's is located.

The gardens here are lovely to simply relax, but no harm inquiring of the managers of other activities that might tempt and not be too exhausting.

Reply to: Advice - Hike to waterfall at Gibbs Farm -- how difficult?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karatu
More Karatu Topics