We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reccomendations

Which El Albir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
reccomendations

going on first holiday to albir in june. Any advice on places to see or good restaurants to visit would be appreciated. can see that this forum isnt used much but hopefully someone will reply.....

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,979 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reccomendations

You should post this question in the Benidorm forum as a lot of people on there have also visited Albir, be it on holiday or just for the day, so you will definitely get some good responses on there.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reccomendations

thanks for your reply david....my son posted the question on benidorm forum yesterday but so far no replys....:(

Moraira
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reccomendations

Hi, do visit Moraira, just a short drive up the coast from Albir, (about 15/20 mins) . It is a jem of a place, loads of really good restaurants and bars along the sea front, a a great place to sit with a vino and watch the world go by. If you go for the day, everything is within easy walking distance , beach/ marina/ restaurants/ bars/ shops , from the FREE carpark, right off the main roundabout in town. Friday is market day, (in the main carpark) so spaces will be limitied if you go that day. I could give you recommendations for restaurants,( but trip advisor has loads ). All I can say is you cant go wrong with a "menu del dia" in any of the spanish restaurants there. i do hope you enjoy it,

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reccomendations

thanks sandy!....had a look at moraira...definately looks worth a visit. what would be best way to get there if not driving?

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reccomendations

Hi

I think there is a bus that runs from Moraira to Benidorm, probably stopping at Albir. The buses are reasonably priced and I think they run on the hour from Moraira.

Not really used to buses but I know there are lots of people using them in the summer.

You will love Moraira even though Albir is lovely, pretty similar but Moraira is on a far smaller scale, but it's beautiful.

Gail

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: reccomendations

Hey love there's a beautiful restreraunt called small world, it's of the beaten track but if u ask around its gorgous. Beautiful setting. There's an all u can eat Chinese called wok wok, (or big wok) there's a chain of them u choose the raw meat take it to the counter n bloke cooks it for u in front of u beautiful!

There's a lovely resteraunt called universal nice for breakfasts. There's an Indian called seritas that's beautiful!!! There's not a lot to do but there is a bus that takes u along the coast or into benidorm. It's 1€ 20 ish. Xxxxxxx any more questions Hun???

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reccomendations

gosh rachael thats really helpful! will take a note of all those restaurants. we love to try different places to eat ....is small world in albir itself? we tried the wok in benidorm and were really impressed...all fresh food at an unbelievable price. is there a market in albir and if so do you know what day its on? thanks for your help....

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: reccomendations

There's definitly a market but not a million percent sure where/when. We are going next week so I will find out. Yes small world is quite central in albir, very good ambience, beautiful food xxx

There's another Chinese in albir it's up a small hill near the huge supermarket, that's like a menu del dia type thing. Spring rolls are a must! Lol xxx

If you don't find info about the market I no benidorm market is on Sunday and Wednesday so maybe worth making bus trip! I love it. Xxxx

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
401 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reccomendations

Hi, we went to Albir in Oct and loved it. Lots of nice eating places, we liked the Indian restaurant, which is quite central and Coco Loco down at the beach, where you get lovely views.

You can easily walk along the beach to the next town of Altea, its worth a visit and has lots of nice fish restaurants overlooking the beach.

In Albir the lighthouse walk is a must, its a decent walk, but worth it is as the views are amazing.

Hope this helps and you have a fab holiday.

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: reccomendations

Just got back small world was amazing, and universal. Market is in altea but couldn't find out what day xxx

Get answers to your questions about El Albir
More El Albir Topics