We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Topic
quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

Hi I'm looking to go to Spain for the first time with 2 children this year having always gone to France. I can get some good flights to Alicante and am looking for a place to go where we do not have to hire a car. I am hoping to go to one of the smaller resorts as we are not keen on big high rises and would like to get a Spanish, chilled way of life. I liked the look of Altea old town but am looking for somewhere with a pool. There seem to be some places in Albir, but can't get much info about what it's like. Can anyone suggest anywhere or tell me a bit more about the area and quieter spots within easy travelling from Alicante airport.

Thank you

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

We have just come back from Villajoyosa between Alicante and Benidorm. It is a delightful very Spanish resort which sounds ideal for you. The beaches are lovely- great for kids, not crowded, and there is a lovely old town. I know some hotels etc have pools. There is easy access via the tram which runs between Alicante and Denia. Using this you can get to Benidorm, Albir, Altea etc. Altea is lovely and worth a visit but the beach is not as good as Villajoyosa. We did it all without a car and plan to go back next year.

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

Thank you - sounds promising. I'll try and look at some apartments in that area. We'll be looking for self catering and with a pool :) Really appreciate your reply. Cheers

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

Hotels away from the sea front will probably be up a steep hill, as Albir rises that way. Don't miss the nature park. Spend a day cycling to Altea.

I think the tram is not central to Albir, so watch which hotel you pick.

norfolk
Level Contributor
861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

We always go to El Campello and love it, the apartment that we rent does not have a pool, but is ideally situated just a stones throw from a lovely beach.

We have twice taken our children and grandchildren with us and they had a great time.

The tram runs from Alicante to Denia and wherever you decide I would suggest one that has a tram station, it is very easy to use and an ideal way to explore the area.

Jean.

5. Re: quiet holiday resorts costa blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2017, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about El Albir
More El Albir Topics