We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

Which Kumbakonam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raipur, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

I ( with my family) will get down at Kumbakonam by train ( app. at 7:45 AM) on Tuesday (Rahu Kaalam for the day- 3.00 to 4.30 PM) and return back by train (app. 7.00 PM) on Wednesday (Rahu Kaalam for the day- 12.00 to 1.30 PM) to board the train at Kumbakonam Rly Station. I want to spare a few hours (app. 3-hrs.) before & during Rahu Kaalam at Thirunageswaram for special puja on any day. This is my first visit to Kumbakonam ........ I may hire a cab/taxi for both the days. If I can have darshans at a few more temples, other than the Navagraha temples, in Kumbakonam during this period, it will be a boon ..... Kindly suggest budget but neat & clean hotel, reliable cab provider and an itinery to cover all the places comfortably, please !

Kumbakonam, India
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

Hi sbsaraswathi,

Welcome to TA,

Every day during Ragukalam Abishekam will be done.

If you would like to do any other poojas, in additon to

Abishekam it will take much more time.

Further with in 2 days you can able to visit all the

navagraha temples and also some other important

temples in and around kumbakonam.

For further temple information

you please visit kumbakonam.com

Thanks,

Annamalai.

Kumbakonam

nanded
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

HELLO

I am from Nanded. We (2 persons) are planning to visit all the navagraha temples in and around Kumbakonam for performing puja. After this we would also visit Madurai, Rameshwaram and Kanyakumari then returning to Nanded.

If I could get to know the approx days for covering all these places and estimate cost.

Thankyou

Vaishali

email : waani_raj@yahoo.com

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

Hi...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

You should be able to cover the Navagraha temples in a day if planned correctly. The hotels and tour operators will also arrange this trip for you. Then you may proceed to Madurai, Rameswaram and Kanyakumari. You may alternate Rameswaram and Kanyakumari based on your convenience. All the destinations require a day to cover but it depends on what all you need to see and your interests.

There is a overnight train between Rameswaram and Kanyakumari, which operates on alternate days. Hence, if you could plan your trip based on this.

Regards

Prasanna

4. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 15:11
5. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 15:05
Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

trip to navagraha temple from kumbakonam

Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

2 days are sufficient enough to cover the Navagraha Temples..When are you planning to visit ?You have lots of taxi(Travel) services in Kumbakonam,who assist you in this trip. Rates range from 1800- 2400 per day for cars(Hour & Km basis) You may read the earlier posts in pertaining to this in the forum.

8. Re: Navagraha Tour planning in 2-days

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:15