We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from Y airport to Borobudur

Which Borobudur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
transport from Y airport to Borobudur

I I will land rather early and was wondering about the best way of getting to Borobudur.One other post here said it was only 30 min from "down town" and if this is right then it must be best to take a taxi no?Any info about this and costs/time involved would be much appreciated.Also while I'm at it I guess going back from Borobudur to Yogjakarta the day after is "as easy" as going up there or you more "stuck" so to speak??

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from Y airport to Borobudur

<<One other post here said it was only 30 min from "down town">>

Which post?

Just FYI, from Yogyakarta city to Borobudur will take more than 40km journey through state road and not highway. It is simply unrealistic to estimate travel time to be only 30mins. It will take around 1 hour drive with private car.

If you need a return transfer, the best option is to pre-arrange car+driver. You can find the list of car rental listing on www.yogyes.com/en/yogyakarta-car-rental/

Visit park official site http://borobudurpark.co.id/ for more details.

London
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from Y airport to Borobudur

perfect thanx a lot for the info...just what i needed :-)

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from Y airport to Borobudur

Hi Just looking at his question & Answer, seems good information.

So I'm wondering if we are in java for 3x days staying near Borobudur, can we hire a car& driver for 3 days so that he picks us from Airport and drives us place 1st day then drops us to hotel

Then returns 2nd day to get us to go touring and return to hotel

Then 3rd day picks us up again from hotel, touring and back to airport.

If returning to Borobudur each day , do we just pay daily car+driverfee x 3 plus fuel

Many thanks - we're very new to Java , coming over from Bali where we will stay fro 2 weeks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from Y airport to Borobudur

Hi,

It's possible to do that. The rental will charge you slightly higher for the additional fuel since they will have to go to and fro everyday from Yogyakarta to Borobudur.

5. Re: transport from Y airport to Borobudur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:16