We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tofuya Resort and Spa

brisbane
Level Contributor
118 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Tofuya Resort and Spa

Hi everyone,

I am very interested in the Tofuya Resort and would like to enquire about dates and prices etc, but unfortunately I don't read/speak Japanese!

Does anyone here have a ballpark guide to prices in October, and how to get there from Tokyo?

There are 4 adults travelling and would like a traditional Japanese style room. We can share a large room or have two rooms, it doesn't matter too much.

Thank you so much for your help!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,341 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

Would you please paste their URL?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

http://www.tfyjapan.com/

Is the above Resort you are looking for!? A rough search reveals the room rate for a double during mid Oct ranges from 16,500 yen to 42,000 yen per person.

https:/…

I could only read a bit of kanji. Let’s hope Yobeekool can help you with the details.

brisbane
Level Contributor
118 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

Thanks Yobeekool and William 512!

Yes, that is the website I was looking at. The date we were thinking of was the 30th October.

I appreciate your help!

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

Assuming it's the one in Izu http://www.tfyjapan.com/info/

There's all sorts of rooms at various prices

Japanese style room, by the riverside with open air hot spring bath

Rooms without open air bath

Western style rooms, Double or twin

Rooms not by riverside

detached cottage/maisonette with/out terrace & hot spring bath

Looks like the cheapest plan in October is a western style room with double bed without private onsen bath (but with bathroom), breakfast & dinner for ¥16,500 per night per person.

The superior Japanese style rooms with outdoor onsen bath range between ¥21,500 - ¥31,500 per person per night including breakfast & dinner.

They also have a cottage plan for those travelling with pet dogs too.

They don't accept internet reservations. Contact: tel:0558-85-1000 FAX:0558-85-1001 email: tofuya@tfyjapan.com

I suggest it would take nearly 3 hours from Tokyo.

Option 1, for example, from Tokyo station get the Shinkansen bullet train to Mishima station (53mins) then change there for the Izu-Hakone Sunzu line a slow country train to Shuzenji (36 mins). From that sleepy little station in the hills you need to either take a taxi 22 mins, or find the local bus to reach the resort.

Option 2. About 4 times a day the special sightseeing train JR Odoriko goes to Shuzenji station (2 hours from Tokyo station) Make sure you get the one that goes all the way to Shunzenji. Then take the bus or taxi from Shuzenji.

Car rental is another option.

Alternatively, Shuzenji itself is a lovely little onsen town to stroll around, with some very nice onsen accommodation, excellent ryokan & the quirky Shuzen-ji Niji-no-sato with its beautiful themed flower gardens.

brisbane
Level Contributor
118 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

Wow, thanks for all that information, it's just what I was after!

Do you have any favourite ryokans in Shuzenji in case the Tofuya doesn't work out?

We are looking for traditional Japanese style accomodations, something not too hotel like. We would be willing to pay around 30000yen pp per night.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

Izu, because of its close proximity to Tokyo, has some of the best but also most expensive ryokan.

Asaba was stunning & perfect, the service was probably the best we've encountered. (not all-high end ryokan lived up to their reputations but this one surpassed ours.) Food was excellent & very subtle kaiseki. We had private use of the magnificent outdoor hotspring. However, it will exceed the ¥30,000 pp budget.

Yagyunosho is very highly recommended but again prices are in the stratosphere.

Under ¥30,000:

Arai another well known, historic inn, highly rated and has some rooms starting at ¥21,150. http://arairyokan.net/english

Kikuya also well known, from ¥30,000

There are more options at

www.japanican.com/hotels/list.aspx…

You could always stick with Tofuya and report back to us with your review! I suggested Shuzenji because I thought it was such a picturesque town + it sounded like a pain to travel the extra distance to Yoshina. But you'll have no problem getting a taxi outside Shuzenji station, it's a very small town & taxis will be waiting to meet the trains.

Edited: 28 July 2012, 10:16
brisbane
Level Contributor
118 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

Thanks again

I have sent an email to Tofuya as suggested, but so far haven't heard anything.

Do I need to contact them in Japanese or is English fine?

8. Re: Tofuya Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2017, 04:18