We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boqueron for 2 months!

NH
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boqueron for 2 months!

My husband and I are renting a house in Boqueron for 2 months! Love Boqueron! We have been going there for 6 years now and love to hang out with the expats from the state at Galloways, food is great, drinks are great and the people are a blast! Does anyone know if you can rent a boat for a day or so and my husband is a veteran and wondering if we can shop at the PX in Mayaguez? Our son and his family are coming to visit for 10 days with a 2 year old and 6 year old! What can we visit that would be fun for the kids?

Where is the best place to do food shopping?

Thanks.

Puerto Rico Adventure Water Sports
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Equipment Hire, Boat Tours
Porta del Sol H2O Sports
Stand-Up Paddleboarding
5 replies to this topic
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boqueron for 2 months!

As far as I know, in PR only veterans with 100% disability can purchase at the PX. You can call them and check to be sure.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boqueron for 2 months!

The PX is in Aguadilla Ramey base, not Mayagüez. This is about an hour drive from Boqueron (+15 min), I don't think it is worth the drive unless you are planning on buying alcohol, which is much cheaper and duty free.

For kids go to Cabo Rojo light house area, plus the beach nearby is very beautiful. There is a nice restaurant there called "Con el Agua hasta el Cuello", that is good. Nearby is also Las Salinas Nature Reserve that has a small visitors center and a small instructional museum of birds and local animal life.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boqueron for 2 months!

Do they have a PX there ? I thought they only have some Housing for USCG and the rest is closed down

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boqueron for 2 months!

Yes they do. My brother lives there (uscg) and my mom is a vet with ID. There is still the "officers club" in operation, school for all levels, a small commissary, liquor store, and the PX.

The PX is very small, not like the one in San Juan.

For groceries Walmart, SAMs club, (both in Mayagüez), or the grocery store on road 100, should be ok.

NH
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boqueron for 2 months!

Hi, thanks. Does your mom shop at the commissory with her Veteran ID? Do they sell food and cigarettes, liquor for cheaper there?

Thank.

Reply to: Boqueron for 2 months!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boqueron