We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats going on with Palladium?

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Whats going on with Palladium?

Just wanted to get some info or reassurance. Will be going in Jan. for our first trip to Jamaica and will be staying here. Everytime I get on Tripadvisor there is a negative review. I dont mind reviews about the beach, food or rooms as that is personall preference. I am seeing alot of theft and now assaults. Any info would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to decide to stay here or change our plans. Thanks

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....book somewhere else.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

I wouldn't necessarily believe the report about assaults and robberies - seems rather suspicious. Thefts can happen anywhere, especially if people are careless or they flaunt their (relative) wealth. We had a good time when we stayed there last Dec. but I wouldn't go back because it is too isolated, we didn't like the rooms and the food wasn't that great.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
381 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

I have been there twice. the last being back in june, and have had a wonderful time with no complaints either time. I thought the food was good and the beached suite my purpose. Their pool is out of this world. I agree with gdbear about it being isolated but neither Negril or MoBay is too far. As far as the theft reports go, they have in-room safes and I definitely used them and used common sense.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

Don't trust the room safe.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k47947…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

I agree with SaltyDog - I stayed there and had no complaints, pool, food, staff all of it was great. I agree, it is isolated but you can always book a tour to go off the resort.

As far as theft, common sense is the key. I saw this in another post corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/milockie-h…

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

Returned September 21 from first visit to GPLH. Used safe in room with no problems. Security patrols walkways and beaches 24/7. Felt very safe and secure. Staff very friendly and respectful. Grounds immaculate. Clean rooms....I seriously believe that reviews regarding thefts and attacks are false. As with traveling anywhere, just use your common sense!

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

There have been to many to be all put off as false reports.

Also how does common sense help one against a room invasion ???

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

just because something did not happen "to YOU", does not mean it is false. it wasn't your experience, but that doesn't make it OK to invalidate what others experienced.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

Exactly, not everyone will fall victim to a crime. At a busy place where hundreds are on any particular day anywhere there will always be a victim & the majority could always say that they were there & were OK. It doesn't change a thing. Things still happened. The fact it wasn't you are more along the lines of luck then anything else at times

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats going on with Palladium?

Why do I think the reports are mainly false? Because all reviews for this resort prior to my booking in March were in the 4 to 5 category. Once I booked, the ratings fell and the "horror reports" began. How is it that all of these thefts/assaults happen at one resort? I have over the months checked other resorts' reviews in the Montego Bay area and the majority of reviews remained in the 4 to 5 category...maybe one report since March of a theft at Iberostar....I am not invalidating the reports, but after actually experiencing the resort it does make me wonder about all the negative reports! As far as thefts/assaults.....it could happen to anyone of us on any given day in our own neighborhoods! Does that make our neighborhoods a one star rating?