We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

I come on here everyday to read the reviews because I will be staying here for my wedding and honeymoon next year, yet it seems that the same problems guests listed last year and two years ago are still problems???? and it seems that the response given by the hotel is almost automated and only thanks the people who say nice things and apologizes yet the problems still exist??

Is there anyone who does training for the employees to insure that they are not rude to the guest and not begging for tips?

why do the bathroom showers continue to flood?

why aren't the minibars restocked constantly?

why would you have to ask for face towels, bath towels and wait till the middle of the afternoon to have your room serviced?

why if you make requests a year, months or weeks in advance to have a particular room type or area is that no accomodated?

why if you are booking multiple rooms and request that your party be placed in villas near each other, why would that not be taken care of by the hotel? especially if you are booking multiple rooms does that not give you any prioirity?

I am very afraid and concerned because we are booked for at least 8 rooms and wedding next year and I donot want to be on this site after my wedding writing of all the horror stories I experienced as well.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

For what it's worth, my wife's mother stayed at this resort last year and thought it was fantastic.

I

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

....or stay somewhere else.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

kat60628, do you have any options? Can you cancel and rebook somewhere else? If not, then I suggest you stop reading reviews. I know that can be hard to do, But if you are committed to this resort, it's probably best to stop causing yourself additional anxiety. Just make the best of it when you get there..

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

thats worth alot thanks!!!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

You said the place has had the same kind of complaints that it did two years ago. But you went ahead and booked it anyhow. Why would you expect things to suddenly change?

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. Go, have a good time, enjoy yourself and create memories. The little things will ruin a vacation only if you let them.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

I wasn't trying to be snarky or rude. If you have serious concerns about this resort, and it seems that you do, you should look at changing to another resort. If you can't change, then there isn't much anyone here can do for you.

As far as the bad reviews go, remember that most people go on vacation, have a great time and never write a review. I put myself in this group. Those that have a bad experience are more motivated to write a review. So the reviews are naturally going to be slanted to the bad side.

A few years ago there was a regular poster here who liked to say "Once you book, you don't look." I think that is good advice, even if I find it hard to follow myself.

7. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 22:19
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

Great advice, once you book don't look

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

That's what I usually do with airfare.

One other thing to keep in mind. The Palladium is one of the biggest resorts in Jamaica. Which means more people to deal with and also more instances for things to go wrong. And also more complainers to come to TA. Like HDM said, there are probably more happy vacationers than there are upset ones, but the upset ones come to TA and vent. The happy ones just go on their way.....

Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: afraid because of bad reviews for the grand palladium jamaic

What are the reasons you picked this particular resort? If you are going to be a habitual review reader (I'm guilty of this) look for the things that drew you to this resort in the reviews. Just as you noticed negative trends try to look for positive trends as well. You may want to email the resort with some of your concerns just to ease your mind. If you decide to stay with this resort go there with a positive outlook. It's your wedding so try not to let the small stuff bother you. For instance if you know not having towels in a timely manner will bother you bring some from home. You shouldn't have to do this but that way you at least know you will have enough towels and can focus on more important aspects of yoyr wedding.

If it helps any I stayed at the gplh in 2009 and loved it. The staff was very friendly and I don't have any problems with service.