We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aldults only pool

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SENECA FALLS NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aldults only pool

We are going to the Grand Palladium in Feb. 2014 and I have a couple of questions about the adults only facilities. Are the adults only pool and beach located in the same area? Also is there a bar in near the adults only pool as I see us hanging out quite often as is the last thing I want to deal with on vacation is screaming kids. Do they enforce it ? Thanks for your help,

John

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aldults only pool

Hi John,

Yes, yes, and yes

Coral beach (adult beach) is directly behind the adult pool and great for snorkeling.

The bar is open from 10am to 10 or 12pm and is right there. It's very nice that it stays open as some days we would lounge there all evening.

Yes they enforce adults only as well.

It can be busy during the day to find a palapa, but as the afternoon goes on spaces open up.

Have a great time.. we love this place.

Michelle

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aldults only pool

Well, they MOSTLY enforce the adults only. Twice during our 9 days there were infants at the Coral Beach. Didn't bother us, but they did get some dirty looks.

East Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aldults only pool

Our fave pool!

Never saw a child in the pool during our 2 weeks NOv/Dec 2013 and one family with chidren who walked through was politely asked to leave - nice little cut through to the jerk hut/poseidon too.

Bar quiet most days and never struggled to get a bed but Hubs got up pre-8am every morning - towel guy arrives after 9am to swap clean towel and leaves after 4 although they do run out some days.....

Enjoy

SENECA FALLS NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aldults only pool

Thanks for the information. We are getting excited about our trip. We did look at adults only resorts , but we wanted to try the Palladium this year.We usually go to Montego Bay,but the Palladium looks great. Are there certain blocks of rooms that we should request in regards to the location of the adults only pool? How far a walk is it from the Jamaica side to the adults only area? Also are there other quiet pools located on the Jamaica side? Thanks again for the info, John

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aldults only pool

It is a hike to the adults pool and beach from the Jamaica side. I would not want to forget something in my room. I definitely think the LH side is worth the money - too many of the Jam side buildings have awful locations directly on the road or in the middle of the internal roadway. There is a resort map on the palladium addict site. We were in building 34 which was a great spot. Building 32 (Ithink) is closer to the AO section, but seemed to be more noisy and I don't know If there was a septic issue when we were there, but I would not want to be sitting on those balconies and breathing the stink.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aldults only pool

Also, the bar at the AO pool is small. Fine for beer, machine frozen drinks (Miami vice, pina coladas), rum and cokes, but don't expect mojitos.

East Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aldults only pool

They did mojoitos most days when we were there but they ran out of mint a couple of days. We stayed overlooking AO pool in block 29 til the air con packed up.

Jamaican side to AO pool is about 10 min stroll if that but there is a quiet pool on the Hamaican side - check out palladium addicts site as there is a map - just google it & chose Jamaica

Enjoy

SENECA FALLS NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aldults only pool

Hi again. Just a quick question about the quiet pool on the Jamaican side. Is there a bar near quiet pool on the Jamaican side? Thanks again

East Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aldults only pool

There is a quiet pool on the Jamaican side - check out palladium addicts site as there is a map - just google it & chose Jamaica

Don't think there's a bar n not AO just quiet

Enjoy

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aldults only pool

Yes there is a bar on the Jamaican side pool. I believe the name is Roselle bar.

We have stayed on both sides of the resort as we have been there 4 times.

Really liked the Jamaica side pool as it wasn't as busy there. Never saw any kids there either.

Very friendly bartenders there too. It was just a little ways past the lobby on your right from the path.

Ask them to make you a Vodka and Lemonade.. Best ever as they made the drink with real lemon and sugar. Purple Rains are also awesome just like a grape slurpie and best off all the dirty banana.

Have fun!