We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

I am booked at the Lady Hamilton in the last week of March. Its our first trip to Jamaica. I know the resort isn't close to most tourist spots on the island. We want to visit the Appleton Estate, take a catamaran trip, go horseback riding and take the Luminous Lagoon Night Tour.

Can someone assist with the following questions:-

1. How far is the resort to each of those activities?

2. Can I combine any tours together?

3. Any suggestions for tour companies / guides?

4. Does anyone know how busy the resort gets at the end of March. I know that its Spring break so the resort will be busier; but is it so crowded that the towel game gets played?

Much thanks for any replies and insights.

United States
Level Contributor
10,962 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

1. Appleton Estate is about 45 miles one way, take a catamaran trip: can be done from the hotel - 0 miles, go horseback riding: can be done in Sandy Bay - about 5 miles one way, the Luminous Lagoon Night Tour: is near Falmouth - 40 miles one way

2. The horseback riding could be combined with the trip to the Appleton Estate or the Luminous Lagoon. As you want to go to the Appleton Estate I might suggest also doing YS Falls as it is only a few miles down the road.

Calgary
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

Thanks for responding thevinnie. Appreciate it.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
8 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

Hi there we just back from a wonderful stay. 1st request a room in blocks 29.-34 if ur in lady hamilton. All your trips are not that far away appart from the rum factory. You can do a boat trip from the water sports beach. Go to the booking places downstairs in the grand palladium they are really helpful and can do combined trips we did the bob marley and dunns and it did take a couple of hours to get there. Hope it helps. Hotel is wonderful

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

I have been to jamaica tons and always use Lindsay Macfarlane from snljamaicatours.com.

He is very personable and very good prices on any tours.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

Hi we are going there at the end of March for the 1st time for a week.

Are there some excursions that are better than others? We

will likely only do one so are there some that include 2 - 3 things

in a day? Is it the appleton rum factory or another on the rum tour?

Thanks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

We used Kingsley James of Take Care Tours - ah-mazing!!!

You can probably combine the horseback riding(Rhodes Hall) with Luminous Lagoon for one day, and maybe do the Appleton tour with YS Falls another day. Or Appleton with Pelican Bar.

The catamaran would probably have to be done on its own - or maybe do the catamaran and the lagoon on one day.

The horseback riding and lagoon are closer then Appleton.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 06:26
7. Re: Assistance Appreciated for a 1st timer to Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27