We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand palladium

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Grand palladium

Hey, arriving next week, the mp3 docks in the rooms, are these for iphone? If so what connector is it? Will I need a adaptor for my iphone 5? Thanks

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand palladium

I know our IPOD works on it and my son's Iphone worked back in 2011. Beyond that I cannot tell you.

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand palladium

Thank you! I'll take my aux cable with me just in case.

March, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand palladium

Hope you enjoy your holidays. With all the negative reports onTA looking forward to a post from someone from GB. we are going beginning of August for 2 weeks

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand palladium

One thing to remember about Grand Palladium is if you are used to Sandals, Beaches, Couples, Moon Palace, LeBlanc, etc. You may not be happy with Grand Palladium. But then you're not paying the premium price that you would for those upper end resorts. If you understand before you go that... Take a cheap pack of Walmart washcloths because you may get shorted some days...there is no beach service, no butlers, there is no Michelin chef on staff, etc. and are happy that your vacation cost 1/2 or 1/3 what the others cost. You should be fine at Grand Palladium. IF however you want the extra amenities and don't mind paying 2 or 3 times as much per week then by all means go to Couples or Sandals and enjoy.

We vacationed at Sandals Mo'Bay in 2008 and 2009 but when Prince Adam took over and escalated the prices to more than we were willing to pay, we moved on. We stayed at GP Jamaica in 2010, 2011, 2012 and went to GP WhiteSand in Akumal Mexico last year. This year we are coming back to GP Jamaica and next year are either going back to GP WhiteSand, or trying GP Punta Cana or GP Puerto Vallarta. We are a mid 50's easy going couple and very low maintenance. For us Grand Palladium simply has almost as much bang for a whole lot less bucks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand palladium

yourkillinme,

You point about the going-in costs are correct.

However, overall expenditures could for the vacation could rise rapidly when you factor in the fees I would pay for watersports and expenses for the ubiquitous tipping. I think there is an extra charges for bottled wine and top-top shelf drinks.

Additionally, I prefer to vacation at a resort that is adults-oriented. I like a resort that is in or near a village or town. I prefer a long, nature-made beach to wander on. I prefer a resort that is not falling apart after a mere six years after opening (shoddy workmanship and inferior materials).

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand palladium

You are correct about the water sports. I forgot all about that but I don't dive anyway.

While there is a charge for bottled wine, top shelf drinks are included. As i recall Sandals charged for bottled wine also.

I'll have to agree that they built the Palladium resort WAY too fast and didn't think some things through... like flat roofs in the Caribbean... THAT was a real stroke of genius! But I have been to all 3 Sandals Properties in Mo'Bay and Sandals Negril and you can see rotted wood and cracked stucco there too.

I like and often recommend Grand Palladium... I also tell people to go elsewhere when I think their requirements won't/can't be met at Palladium.

Everyone has their own preferences, likes & dislikes and requirements for that "perfect vacation spot".

You have yours, I have mine and we'll likely never meet in the middle... but that's OK.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand palladium

13 of us enjoyed the Palladium very much. Some commented that you couldn't get a better ocean view balcony anywhere. I go to JA to have a great time, not be a building inspector. The Palladium was great.

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand palladium

Glad you enjoyed. I'll be there again in 90 days.

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand palladium

We are here now, and not had any problems with the hotel. The a/c is not brilliant in the rooms, but it's cool enought to have a comfy sleep! All the food we have had has been lovely, and the staff friendly! Off to the pool now!

10. Re: Grand palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:16