We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

So I kind of got the question answered in another thread but here are the details.

I won a trip the the GPLH and I only have to pay the taxes $432 each for two people. My question is I have won a trip for 2 in the basic room and Air Transat told me I can upgrade to a villa for $140 each for the week. Is it worth it? The $280 in upgrade for the two of us for the week to stay in a villa?

Thanks.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

Hi, when I was there in June we were in villa 17. All the buildings were called villas - they were junior suites on 3 floors with a central garden area. All junior suites have a sitting area, Jacuzzi tub, separate shower. I think what you are talking about is on the Lady Hamilton side and is called a villa suite. It has an outdoor shower and I think it is separate from the villa buildings, with an outside entrance to the room. It would probably be nice to upgrade the room at Grand Palladium since the trip itself is free. Just make sure they explain to you that they are talking about a villa SUITE and have them explain exactly what the difference is and where it is located on the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica...
7,451 Reviews
Jamaica
west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

Sounds like your talking about the honeymoon suites.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

I am not sure really. I looked on Lady Hamilton's web site and rooms are listed as junior suite, suite, villa suite and they have a description. I just don't want geom11 to pay extra for what is standard since all buildings are called villas.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 21:45
west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

This is a video of the Villa/honeymoon suites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCxnJw1C3U

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

Yes that room in the video is what I am talking about

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

I watched the video of the villa suite, and yes, it is definitely a better room with a much better view and location. To me it would be well worth the money.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

thats what I am thinking as well.

8. Re: GPLH is it worth the upgrade to Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16