We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

Brisbane
Level Contributor
642 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

We are planning for next year to visit some eco-lodges and need to get to Alta Floresta and Santarem. The only airline that does this route is Trip Airlines and they do have cheap "Achei" fares. The problem is I can't buy them without a CPF. Is there any way around this? Like a Brazilian version of Expedia or India's Cleartrip? I would prefer to buy it online myself and have the e-ticket in hand.

Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

Actually anyone can get a CPF. I believe you can apply for one through the Brazilian Consulate, as well as in Brazil. However, I suspect that the Trip airlines site (which asks the purchaser to choose "in how many payments" when referencing the fare, an option Brazilian issued credit cards have) is not set up to take non-Brazilian issued credit cards. So it seems you may not be able to use the airline's own site to purchase online.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
642 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

I do have an Amex which seems to be accepted on websites that usually have a restriction about billing country.

The more expensive Trip fares are available on Estados Unidos version of www.decolar.com but the cheap Achei fares are only on the Brazil version and they also want a CPF. I am also considering using a fake "generated" CPF but worried we might be denied boarding if they find out.

Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

"worried we might be denied boarding if they find out." but not worried that it is illegal (fraud) to use these numbers, generated for research purposes as stated on the website, for purchases?

Edited: 09 November 2011, 22:59
Brisbane
Level Contributor
642 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

I only found out about that option from Google searches that brought it up on other websites. My credit cards are real and if the payment went through, the airline would be paid for the seat.

5. Re: Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2016, 17:15
6. Re: Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Amazon River