We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desafio boat? Iberostar? Which river cruise from manaus?

London
Level Contributor
418 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Desafio boat? Iberostar? Which river cruise from manaus?

Hi there,

Has anyone taken a trip on this boat? We are going in early may and it seems to be the best option available for our dates. We wanted to go on the clipper cruises but their boats are in maintenance in may. The iberostar are also running but it seems they do not go to the anavilhanas archipelago (we would like to do a 4/5 day trip of rio negro) so that puts me off as all other companies go there and im concerned about not seeing as much with such a big boAt. There is also the lo peix boat but im concerned about the level of comfort, privacy, and also food since my husband and i are both strict vegetarian (no meat, no fish), and they seem only to have 4 bedrooms all sharing more than 2 ppl. The desafio seems to have a good itinerary and with private cabins and bathrooms but i cant find any information or reviews about it online and the only review on tripadvisor which is in spanish or portuguese says that their boat was changed and they ended up going on much inferior boat. Im really confused so any help and advice from individuals who have been on any of theae trips would be really appreciated. Thank you!!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Desafio boat? Iberostar? Which river cruise from manaus?

You should try to contact travel agencies ("Agência de Turismo") or contact with five star hotels that can indicate them to you. Most of the boats in Manaus are not very fancy, so you should try. I hpe you get answers from people from Manaus. I´m Brazilian but not from the North of the country! Sorry and Good Luck!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
212 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desafio boat? Iberostar? Which river cruise from manaus?

Hi London Girl,

The Iberostar does visit the Anavilhanas on their shorter itinerary. At any rate, there are many options you may consider besides this boat and Desafio. There are two smaller ships, Awape and Jacare-Asu that have dynamic itineraries to Jau National park and even further upriver. There is also Tucano with 5 and 8 day itineraries.

Rainforest Cruises

3. Re: Desafio boat? Iberostar? Which river cruise from manaus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:16