We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2d/1n Arequipa/Colca/Puno Tour

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
2d/1n Arequipa/Colca/Puno Tour

My husband and I are looking to book a 2d/1n tour of Colca Canynon, starting in Arequipa and ending in Puno.

There isn't a tour review section on TA, so I am looking for positive or negative experiences on this kind of tour.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

peru
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2d/1n Arequipa/Colca/Puno Tour

Any agency can arrange a tour for you that includes the 2day tour Colca with transportation to Puno. The transportation to Puno from Chivay will be 4M and is $35pp. Many agencies in Arequipa or on the net will offer this tour but many will not arrange it themselves. There are only a couple of agencies that will arrange the tours themselves. All other agencies will pool you off to these agencies.

Anything you book in advance will be more expensive then if you wait till you are in Arequipa. Tours lave daily and only on special days like Xmas you will have a problem with last minute booking.

Hotels can also book it for you but some add a high price on top of the agency fee.

Giardino tours has a very good reputation and is considered top end. I think the current price is $50pp. They have small groups and sleep in Corporaque in La casa de mamiyachi.

Another good agency is Colonial Tours. They work with may hotels in Arequipa, their offer a tour at around $27 with basic hostal in Chivay. Then you have the possibility to upgrade to a nicer hotel in Chivay or stay in Yanque (Eco Inn, KillaWasi, Colca Lodge). These last places are very nice butyou do not really experience them the proper way in a 2 day tour. A 3 day tour would be better but it adds to the price.

Other agencies are Acuarius or Wasi Tour (low end of price range).

You normally get what you pay for. But anything above $100 I personally would not consider worthwhile. The scenery stays the same and you do not spend that much time in the hotel if you follow the full program of hot springs and folclore show in the evening!

Beware that Autocolca have plans to increase the 35soles entrance fee for the national park to 70 soles from January 1st.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2d/1n Arequipa/Colca/Puno Tour

Also you can look at www.andeantravelweb.com to check for further information.

3. Re: 2d/1n Arequipa/Colca/Puno Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 19:17