We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

Hi - We are going from Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri then onto Agra. Any suggestions on the best way, and less time consuming way, to accomplish this. I was thinking of taking a public bus, touring around Fatehpur and then taking another public bus onto Agra, but time is very important now I am wondering if that is the best choice. Our budget is flexible. Any ideas...thank you!!!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

The bus coming from Jaipur will drop you at a place from where it will be a long walk to Fatehpur Sikri.

Why not reach Agra and then do it as a day trip from there.

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

I thought it would be easier to stop on the way to Agra - Most guide books (I have 3) made it sound as if it was right on the road in between the 2 cities. It seemed silly to go all the way to Agra and back track. We have 1 day set aside to travel from Jaipur to Agra (including the stop at Fatehpur). We must be in Agra that night, so we can go to the Taj when it opens the next day and get back to Delhi to catch a flight back to the states...Any ideas??? do you think it is better to get to Agra and then backtrack ?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

As you have kept a day for travel from Jaipur to Agra so you can do it. Tell bus conductor to drop you at Fatehpur Sikri. Remind him after Bharatpur once or twice because few buses don't stop there. If you start early morning from Jaipur then you can do Bharatpur bird sanctuary also before Fatehpur Sikri. On an average every 30 mts. you will get bus going towards Agra.

deepak

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

Thank you! I appreciate your help!

Just a thought - what do you think of doing the same route but with a taxi? Where would you book the taxi?

Edited: 11 October 2010, 03:48
5. Re: From Jaipur to Fatehpur Sikri - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:17