We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

I am travelling by train to Agra from Delhi and will reach agra cant rly stn on 14th Feb by Taj Express. Was earlier planning to go to Taj Mahal same day(V'day) but can't now. So now I plan for Fatehpur Sikri. Want to know if its best to go and come back or do a night stay there. Will plan for Taj the next day.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

I assume your trip may be over.. We visited Agra this month, just like you even we had very limited time.. As soon as we reached AGRA we left for fatehpur sikari.. It 40km away. Takes around 1.5 hours max. The car will be parked in parking and the monument is 1km away. Take the bus provided by archeological department he takes around RS 10. Be careful of the guide in parking lot.. Don't book any of them. They say 100 and come down to RS 50 but they won' show anything except the Darga and they don't have permission to enter the main complex. So they basically fool people...

Don't go to Darga first... Again those guides will be behind u to misguide. But u head to ticket counter. Buy ticket and go inside... Inside u ll find appointed guides by govt and a rate chart. It's worth taking these guide here... As u have many things to see and the guide have vast knowledge. The main complex will take 1-2 hour. Once u come out visit Darga and buland darwaja with no guide needed...Total time will be 2-3 hours..

Coming to agra, Taj Mahal open at 6 am. Visit taj before 9 am and u ll not be stuck in crowd and get places to click photo :)

If u have time go to Agra fort, we had skipped it as we had to return...

Level Contributor
10,980 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

Hi Ank_ruchi,

Good Advice. I had also visited Fatehpur Sikri recently and encountered similar chase by guides.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

is very much recommended to stay overnight in Agra so that you don't over stress yourself. You can visit the Taj in morning when it is cool.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

Hello, thanks a lot for the trip report, I am interested to know from where did you book a cab from Agra station to fatehpur sikri? Do you have any resonable contact details to share?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
806 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

Dear Akhilesh

On day first you could visit Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri and next day you could cover Tajmahal ,Baby Taj and Sikandra .

6. Re: Agra and Fatehpur Sikri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2017, 09:18