We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local transport from Agra

Which Fatehpur Sikri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Local transport from Agra

Hi,

I want to know how to go Fatehpur Sikri from Agra Fort station? If we start at 1pm ,then can we finish exploring it and come back to Agra within evening? Will I get local bus to reach there and how much time will it take?

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local transport from Agra

If you travel by local bus then for return trip you require minimum six hours.

deepak

Faridabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Local transport from Agra

Doing a roundtrip in 4-5 hours is bit tight but doable. Its mostly traffic free stretch once you are out of the city. If you have a train to catch in evening, its better to take a local taxi and not wait for buses or trains which may waste some of your time. But either way, you can reach Fatehpur Sikri by private taxi (around Rs.1500 for return trip) or take UPSRTC buses. Trains also run between 2 stations.

3. Re: Local transport from Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 07:29
Edited: 02 June 2014, 07:29

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local transport from Agra

Thank you so much for your valuable response.

I will stay at agra that night, so I don't have any hurry. From where and upto when UPSRTC buses run? And for train route does local trains run between agrafort and fatehpur sikri station? How much time gap is there between trains?

Edited: 02 June 2014, 07:35
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local transport from Agra

Hi Susmita,

The local trains between these two places are actually running for longer distances to other cities. Not like the local trains in Mumbai or Metro in Delhi,so the chances of getting the trains at the desired time when you finish visiting Fatehpur Sikri are lesser.

UPSRTC buses run from Idgah Dippo in Agra city which i some 5-7 kms from the Agra Fort.

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local transport from Agra

That's very useful information. Thanks a lot jai-drive.

upto when will I get those buses? Like after finishing fatehpur sikri will I get bus at around 5.30/6pm. Or do we need to leave early to get bus for returning?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local transport from Agra

Hi Susmita,

05:30-06:00 pm is not late now-a-days,so you will get the bus.And otherwise too, the long distance inter-state buses run frequently,all you have to do is to come to the main road at the pick-up-drop point.

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local transport from Agra

Ohhh that's great :) thanks so much for answering all the query. .

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Local transport from Agra

If you would like to take public transport, best is the trains. We started after lunch and boarded the 59358/Yamuna Bridge Bayana Pssngr from Agra Fort Railway station at 2pm. The train was delayed by 15 minutes and reached Fatehpur Sikri Railway station at 3:15pm. The Buland Darwaza is hardly 15 minutes walk from the railway station, as you can easily check from the google maps. The local train was not at all crowded, far more comfortable than the auto-rickshaws which charges Rs 700-800 ruppees for a trip to Fatehpur Sikri. We paid Rs 10 per person for the local train.

We returned by 19037 AVADH EXPRESS, which arrived Fatehpur Sikri at around 8:15pm. You can book sleeper class tickets, which costs Rs 140 per person, but you can sleep for an hour and half. They have a clean waiting room at Fatehpur Sikri Railway station with gents and ladies toilets, they will open the waiting room after you show your ticket to the station manager. Fatehpur Sikri is open till sunset, and the afternoon is usually more pleasant than the hot noon time. If you come by auto-rickshaw, they will pain you to leave early. But you can roam around the Complex very comfortably in the afternoon if you take the 19037 AVADH EXPRESS. Do not forget the audio guide, it costs only Rs 115 per person. If time is not a constraint (assuming you take Avadh Express), you can get one audio guide and share. They will give you a map along with the 23 points where go and play the audio.

Reply to: Local transport from Agra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted