We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this resort right for us?

Which Agios Ioannis Diakoftis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Is this resort right for us?

Hi folks

Myself and other half (mid thirties) are contemplating Mykonos for June 2014.

We are drawn to some of the well-regarded and well-priced family-run hotels in Agios Ioannis such as Lithos and Bellissimo - but I wonder if the resort is a bit "out of the way" - but then we aren't party animals either!

Does the Agios Ioannis beach have loungers/parasols and if so does anyone know the price please.

Also it looks like there aren't many restaurants in Agios Ioannis - is this correct, and if so how easy is it to walk to somewhere like Ornos for meals out. We don't really want to be driving in the evenings so we can both enjoy a drink.

Also, can anyone give us any idea of cost of meals/drinks in Agios Ioannis , Ornos and M. Town?

Thanks in advance!

15 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this resort right for us?

VegasShowgirl: Here's a link to my Flickr album of Agios Ioannis pics from 2012: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDxqY13 The album includes several photos showing the main road through the resort area

My 2011 album has additional photos as well as some showing the beach access road that runs down the hill from the main road, passing Manoulas Beach Hotel en route: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHFL68Q

This link will take you to photos of Ornos and the Ornos beach area: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDG7YdW There are some photos showing the road to Agios Ioannis, and they'll give you a good idea of how narrow it is and how close pedestrians will come to passing traffic.

Merseyside
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this resort right for us?

Donny b, I realise you are Canadian, but to us English a pavement is what you would call a sidewalk. As I was replying to another English lady, we will use our correct wording. I think you will also find the coating on the road is called Tarmac.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,171 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is this resort right for us?

And over here, tarmac is the "pavement" at an airport!

The good news is that readers on either side of the pond will now understand what the road conditions are like between Ornos and Agios Ioannis!

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is this resort right for us?

Pool at Lithos is really small. For everything else Lithos is fantastic. I wouldnt worry about restaurants near the hotel, you are highly likely to take the bus to town in the evenings where there is a huge choice of restaurants. Busses go very frequently from Agios Ioannis. Taxi ride also not far nor very expensive.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is this resort right for us?

We are thinking of booking Lithos for mid October for a 3 night, first time stay. We are past needing night life, a good meal and some wine and beer works for us.

Any idea if the bus schedule remain the same at that time of year??

Thanks~

Reply to: Is this resort right for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Ioannis Diakoftis
More Agios Ioannis Diakoftis Topics