We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Terrenas and Samana Province

Geneseo, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Las Terrenas and Samana Province

We are considering a trip to this area in February from Chicago area. Can anyone give me information about which airlines fly to the area? Which airport is best to fly into? Any other information about transportation from the airport to LT/Samana area would be appreciated as well. Thanks D

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

The best airport is El Catey and taxis are available at the airport or you can book them in advance with a couple of companies that have been previously recommended on here. As for the airlines that fly into El Catey, ashamed to say, I know JetBlue do but there may be others and I'm sure someone else here will no doubt be better informed than me!

Edited: 09 September 2013, 23:04
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

Jet Blue is the only US airline that I know of flying into El Catey.

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

Deah - We are going to Samana in February from Milwaukee and I have been researching flights for a couple months now. Suffice it say, there is NO easy, fast way to go from the Midwest to Samana. Jet Blue is the only airline to fly into El Catey and for us Midwesterners to take one of their flights we have to go from here to either JFK or Canada-have a long layover or just stay overnite and take an early morning flight. I've given up on El Catey and we will be flying into Santo Domingo. There are several services that run transport from SD to Samana. They seem pricey at first - but when you break down the cost (as opposed to doing crazy things to fly into El Catey) it's about a horse apiece. We like to start our vacation fresh so will probably fly in the day before our reservations, rest up from the trip/have a good meal, then have the transport pick us up the next day. I've found from watching the Samana forum that most of the posters are Canadian or British & I don't think they understand what we Midwesterners have to go through to get there! But it sounds like it will be mucho worth it!

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

Beje - you are correct that we may not know the hassle you go through to get to Samana. We have a 4 - 5 hr flight out of Toronto, 15 minutes through customs and onto the bus. 45 minutes later we're at the ferry to get to Cayo Levantado.

I can tell you that your hassle will be well worth it regardless of which resort you stay at. I do recommend the whale watching while you're there in February.

Deb

5. Re: Las Terrenas and Samana Province

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara de Samana