We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catherine Palace - half day on tuesday

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
89 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Catherine Palace - half day on tuesday

hi, am arriving in St. Petersburg on Tuesday with a group tour. the group tour doesn't cover Catherine's palace in Pushkin.

The tour company has not planned anything on the Tuesday, on the day we land. so we are pretty much by ourselves. We reach the hotel by 2:30PM. if i start at 3PM on my own and take the minibus to Pushkin, do you think it is possible to get to and get some views of Pushkin / Cathrine Park and Palace.

my second question is since the palace is closed on Tuesday... should i go there just for the park and to see the palace from outside...

The alternative to this is that i just walk around St.Petersburg and soak in the city.

please advise :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catherine Palace - half day on tuesday

My opinion - don't waste your time travelling to and from Pushkin. It would take a minimum of 3 hours there and back. The park and gardens are nice, but I would assume if your tour isn't going to Pushkin it is going to Peterhof, where the park and gardens are more impressive. Plus, when I was at Catherine's Palace two months ago the entire façade was covered due to renovation.

Instead, find some interesting places in the city that aren't part of your tour and go see those. Some less frequented attractions I like are the Dostoevsky museum, Smolny Cathedral, and the Alexander Nevsky Lavra. There are many, many others.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
89 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catherine Palace - half day on tuesday

Thanks Steve.. Noted...

3. Re: Catherine Palace - half day on tuesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2017, 07:17