We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Musandam Peninsula.Port of Callon a Thursday. Sites.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Musandam Peninsula.Port of Callon a Thursday. Sites.

The cruise ship is offering these tours only. No prices at this time:

CITY TOUR OF KHASAB & BUKHA (approximately 3,5 hours)

DHOW CRUISE TO FJORDS (approximately 4 hours)

SAFARI DRIVE TO JEBEL HARIM (approximately 4 hours)

If I have to choose 1, what do you suggest?

If I have to choose 2, what do you suggest?

Is it possible to go to Bukha and Harim in the same day?

How important is the dhow trip? We may be able to go to go on one in UAE. But it's the fjords: via ship or can driving on coast suffice?

Can anyone recommend a company, with the goal to see as much as possible?

Thank you in advance.

Arlington VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Musandam Peninsula.Port of Callon a Thursday. Sites.

Just noticed your post so hope I am not too late. We did a half day morning dhow tour with Khour Shem Tours.

http://khourshemtours.com/gallery.html

I didn't see the 1/2 day package on their site but contact them and it probably can be arranged. We were not on a cruise but staying at a hotel on the Musandam Peninsula. They picked us up in an a/c van and brought us to the harbor and back. We really enjoyed it. The dhow trip itself lasted about two and a half hours. Just add travel time to that. You sat on traditional cushions and hot tea and beverages were available during the cruise. The scenery is spectacular. We stopped for about forty minutes and you had the opportunity to snorkel if you wished. We went in April so the weather was sunny and comfortably warm. We also saw a lot of dolphins. We paid 150 AED or $41 pp but it may be more if you are docked in Fujairah. They also offer a full day tour with lunch.

2. Re: Musandam Peninsula.Port of Callon a Thursday. Sites.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Musandam Governorate
More Musandam Governorate Topics