We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend in Musandam

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
215 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend in Musandam

We're planing to fly to Dubai or Sharjah, pick-up a hire car and drive to Musandam for a long-weekend in May.

I understand that it takes approx 2hrs to drive. Does anyone know if I will need special approval / documents to take a hire car aross the border into Oman?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend in Musandam

If you have a car hired from the UAE you need to have insurance from the UAE and (usually for a hire car) also a separate permission letter.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend in Musandam

I can confirm the need for a formal letter from the rental company authorizing you to take it out of the country. Also, you will need to pay for an Omani visa at the border as well (presuming you're from a western), so have some cash on you. :) I think currently it's about $52.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
215 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend in Musandam

Thanks for the info folks!

4. Re: Long Weekend in Musandam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Musandam Governorate
More Musandam Governorate Topics