We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report part 3 final part

Bridlington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report part 3 final part

Day 15

Went into Chaudi for cashew nuts, pills and potions and Himalayas products to take home. Went to the fort Cabe de Rama for a couple of hours and on way home found a spice farm ( shed )100rps for a bag of chilli powder, black pepper and masala. Sea rough again. Went to La Vita Italian restaurant south Agonda, really good meal called in at Maria Paulo guest house on way home for drinks.

Day 16

Decide to ride to Gajibaga today got breakfast when we got there 2 omelettes tea and coffee 90 rps. Then headed for Polem where we have never been before, its the furthest beach south before the goan border. Spent the day there, he had no menu so he gave us a couple of choices we opted for crispy chicken salad and chips, great chips 2 cold drinks 340 rps each. Lovely meal. Huts there are 1800rps per night really lovely beach but very isolated back home for 4pm.

Day 17

Breakfast at Maria Paulo guest house, Spent morning in Agonda then took a taxi to Patnem 300rps had a drink then went for a long walk up to the end of the beach past the intercontinental then came back for dinner which we had at Tantra, although the meal was good our starter and main came together not good 800rps. Taxi driver wanted 500rps to go back to Agonda eventually got one for 350rps.

Day 18

Took scooter back today as we don’t need to use it again 3400rps for 3 weeks, paid the bill for our hut and food bill booked the taxi back to the airport. We went to internet café to print our e tickets as always Qatar site a nightmare, so slow took about an hour think filling in the visa forms was quicker. Had our goodbye meal at Madhu tonight with danish friends and Phil, they bought gorgeous cake and ice cream for afters.

Day 19

Last day unfortunately , Had a swim well dip as I cannot swim, up the north end of the beach not as rough up by the River mouth, went back to start packing hate this bit its gone so quick. We had all intentions of having a few hours sleep before we left for the airport but it didn’t happen, went for a meal instead to Sim Rose with friends Annette, Steen, Zias and Casper really nice but not the cheapest shack on the beach but really good vibe. Got back had shower, time to go, said goodbye to our friends. Flight on time meals not as good on the way back, the plane was waiting to take off when we arrived in Doha so had to rush through the airport to catch it, flight back to Heathrow was good. Not much snow when we got home. Lazy day sunday back to work monday roll on January 2013.

I have not mentioned dolphins in this report because we did not see many this time, but OH did come running to the hut (he is 60 in march) back from a dip in the sea shouting l`ve just been swimming with Dolphins, he was in the sea up to his neck when 2 or 3 big dolphins came really close about 5 to 10ft away, as he came out of the sea people watching asks him what was it like swimming with Dolphins wow, brill, great and then he notices some-one with a SLR camera so he went over to him and ask him did he got a photo of him, you wouldn’t believe it, it was a SLR Film camera, so if you are that person please please post.

It was our fifth visit to Agonda which changes every year but is still an idyllic beach with loads of restaurants, brilliant people, basic of course in huts, we have had another fabulous holiday, hope we can afford to go next year. Thankyou to all the people we have met for making it a great holiday.

Goa is so spellbinding.

Martin and gill.

Mentioned in this post
Agonda Beach
Agonda Beach
1,953 Reviews
Agonda, India
Maria Paulo Guest House- Agonda
Maria Paulo Guest House...
67 Reviews
Agonda, India
Doha
Doha
Qatar
Goa
Goa
India
Sea Breeze
££ - £££, Indian, Seafood, Asian
Mandala Cafe
£, Indian, Cafe
Fatima Bar & Restaurant
££ - £££, Chinese, Indian, Seafood
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,833 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Another great report, I have really enjoyed reading them. We didn't see any dolphins when we went to Agonda which is unusual as we normally do. It must have been a brilliant experience for your OH swimming with wild dolphins!

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the forum.

Mentioned in this post
Agonda Beach
Agonda Beach
1,953 Reviews
Agonda, India
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

It's been an absolute pleasure to read your trip report, thank you for sharing your holiday with us.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Martin and Gill again a great pleasure to read about your trip and I must say you made the most of it and ate in a lot of varied places. It gives me incentives for my next trip down south. Many thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Wonderful report, Agonda sounds heavenly

Mentioned in this post
Agonda Beach
Agonda Beach
1,953 Reviews
Agonda, India
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Really enjoyed reading your reports, thank you for sharing

Sarah

x

Warwick
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Aww, lovely, I want to go back! We were there for a week at the beginning of Feb before going to Candolim, not many dolphins for us either! Although on our second day there we were having a swim quite far out and a dolphin jumped right next to us and swam off. It was magical :o)

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Bridlington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Hi

It was magical; that was the word.

thankyou all for posting

Warwick
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

I've just noticed you're Martin and Gill (not very observant!), we were there the same time as you! We joined Ann & Dave for the last 2 weeks of their stay :o)

Bridlington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

of course recognised you when you said but we we didnt realise it was you either.

Glad you had a fab stay as well, maybe see you next year give our best to Ann and David when you see them.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report part 3 final part

Thanks for another great read, I've loved reading your reports and sorry they're finished.

Get answers to your questions about Agonda
Recent Conversations