We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

Had our first visit to Goa, Cavelossim last December and now guess what... Goa is calling us.... And we're thinking of staying in a beach hut in Agonda for the full two weeks. To give us time to save up we're thinking of March 2014. Is it true that the humidity levels are higher in March? If so would it be unpleasant to stay in a beach hut without air con? I already have my heart set on Agonda White Sand beach hut cottages!!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

Go for it RWilson a great place to stay and the sea breeze will do the trick nicely upper part of the cottages are open so its lovely inder the full sized mozzy net.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

RW,,, we been going to goa sin 1996 all times of the year in the brit season nov to end,ish april,,like STAL says u will have no BIG probs in march.. we are going back there after the new year in march to april to goa,,the nights get very hot in april,,,march not to bad,,,its april that's hot hot lol, ,,so on the beach is the best place to be,,,or a room with good air/con march is hot but u get a good breeze on the beach so no probs,so like said go for it u will be fine.bye. www.goabeachhuts.com/agonda_beachhuts.htm

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

It depends how good you are at copeing with the heat and humidity . those above might be happy with it I would NOT be. There is quite a difference between Dec and late March heat and humidity wise. We are all different , so where do you come on the scale is the question for you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

Don' worry about the humidity. Beach huts are on the beach - the beach is naturally breezy and it is cooler than even a hundered or so metres inland. A fan in the room will be fine and when the power goes out, which it will, you will not suffer. Stayed in that area for just over 2 weeks from mid-March to early April this year and was perfectly okay with a fan in the room, even during the nightly power cuts.

It's a great area and I am sure you will have a fab time - my only real advice to anyone embarking on a beach hut holiday would be to travel really light as you will barely leave the beach! There are plenty of locally owned laundry businesses for washing bits and pieces - they will happily do one or two bits at a time and will get everything back to you the same day. You don't want to go filling up a beach hut with huge suitcases and there is rarely decent wardrobe space in them anyway (never as good as they make it look on their websites!)

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

RW, vurda is on about age,,,i am old.ish lol,,,to me the diff with dec and march temps is the night,, theres always a good,ish breeze on the beach,so no probs,,BUT,night times get hotter as the season goes on,so u need good air/con,on ,and place by the beach for the good sea breeze at night,,bye

Edited: 01 October 2013, 13:52
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

Sounds good, I think I just need to work on convincing my husband now!!! :)

7. Re: March - too humid for a beach hut holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:40
Get answers to your questions about Agonda