We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

off season travelling

Which Agonda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
off season travelling

I am first time traveller to goa an planning to go during April for 3-4 days. I have few questions

1) Is it good time to visit. Will there be other tourists around that time or will it be totally vacant.

2) What could be the cost for a normal budget beach hut that time season.

3) Is it good time to go or would it be risky if no other tourists will be there.

4) Are beach huts functional during that time (April) or closed down that time due to off season.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: off season travelling

The end of April is classed as the off season as the planes stop flying from most places.

There will still be plenty of people as it will be Easter too in April.

Sorry no idea about the beach huts.

ashford in kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: off season travelling

We are in Agonda now on 13th April. It is our first time to Goa and we were not aware that it was off season. This is not spoiling it for us though as there are places open and cottages to let but not as many as there has been. We see lots of places closed and restaurants also. Some of the main TA recommended hotels have been closed or working on a skeleton staff. We have had some lovely meals though so it is still possible to find good food. Having said all that, it is lovely here. There are tourists but not loads which is nice. The weather is incredible, hot but with a sea breeze. I would come again at this time of year.

uk
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: off season travelling

i think its starts to get very humid towards the end of april,at least it did when we went in april.we still enjoyed it though

4. Re: off season travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:15