We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

We are now in Agonda, our third long stay holiday in this lovely spot. This year,and the previous two years, we have spent most of our waking moments at Rama Resort (run by Ramesh and his friendly and helpful staff) at the south end of the beach, enjoying relaxing days and delicious lunches. We don’t stay in their huts as we rent an apartment just out of town.

This year,just 50 yards away from Rama, and located where Green Valley used to be is another beach hut accommodation and restaurant called . . . . . Rama Resort! No connection with what I will call the original Rama’s. At best the new kid on the block has no imagination; at worst he is cashing in on the reputation of the longer-established resort. If I were a betting man, I know what I’d put my money on!

Apparently there’s nothing Ramesh can do about it.

It's all very confusing especially when, as we have often done, anyone wishes to recommend and give directions to the excellent, original Rama Resort. For your information, new contact details are as follows:

Rama Restaurant Webite: www.greenvalleyagonda.com

email: ramash.thapa41@yahoo.com

Mobile Telephone: 0091 9923687145 or 9922022622

For Beach Hut Accommodation (Rama Properties): www.ramasproperty.com

Somerset England
Level Contributor
398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

For the last three years there has been two Rama's. The original one next to Rico's also has the sign "goa connect" so use that as a reference

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

Hello Russ. Must have been going around Agonda with my eyes closed! Two years ago we were here for five weeks and last year for three months and never saw a second Rama's.

It certainly wasn't located in the place it is now which is exactly where Green Valley Resort was last year. As you probably know, Green Valley was run by Ramesh, who also runs the original Rama Resort..

To complicate matters even more, the original Rama's restaurant (next door to Ricos) continues to be run by Ramesh as Rama Properties but the huts by Parth of Goa Connect.. Two separate operations.

Somerset England
Level Contributor
398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

Your right about rama2 is now where green valley was.

Last year rama2 was closer and Called rama resort but there were 2 Rama's

Should of gone to Specsavers!!!!!!!

Somerset England
Level Contributor
398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

On closer inspection rama resort has doubled in size taking over the green valley site

Still prefer ricos anyway

Canacona, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

The original rama resort is known as Ramasproperty . RamasProperty is the name given to the resort . Rama restaurant run by ramesh is in the same property. www.ramasproperty.com is the website for booking huts .

Edited: 11 July 2014, 16:23
Canacona, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

This is Parth from Ramasproperty . This year we have launched a new project named Ramsons Resort which include 11 beautifully designed cottages located where the original Rama was . If there are any enquiries regarding bookings then please visit www.ramasproperty.com . We also have a multicuisine restaurant run by Ramesh as well as an Ayurvedic health clinic . I would please request you all to have a look at the new huts that have been constructed on our website .

Canacona, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

This is Parth from Ramasproperty . This year we have launched a new project named Ramsons Resort which include 11 beautifully designed cottages located where the original Rama was . If there are any enquiries regarding bookings then please visit www.ramasproperty.com . We also have a multicuisine restaurant run by Ramesh as well as an Ayurvedic health clinic . I would please request you all to have a look at the new huts that have been constructed on our website .

Canacona, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

Canacona, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

Canacona, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rama Resort . . . . or Rama Resort?

Get answers to your questions about Agonda
Recent Conversations