We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do we need to take with us in terms of clothing?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What do we need to take with us in terms of clothing?

Hi,

We are traveling to the Davvii lodge at the end of February for our honeymoon. We are looking to start buying clothes in the January sales but are a ittle unsure as to what we should buy - we dont want to go overboard with the amount we take. We have purchased the following and would be greatful if someome could tell us what else we need to buy and recomend where from......

We have:

Thermal Baselayer Sets

1x Pair of Thermal Lined Trousers each

2 x Long Sleeve Tops

1 x Fleece each

Thermal Socks

I know we need gloves or mitts too but im not sure which to buy.....

If anybody can help i'd be so thankful as its starting to stress me out as i dont know where to start.

Any other tips that people can give us about the Davvi lodge and the surrounding area would be fab!

Thanks!

Edited: 26 December 2011, 18:40
3 replies to this topic
Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do we need to take with us in terms of clothing?

This question get asked so much that it is included in the lapland top questions. You can start here tripadvisor.com/…9049167

The theme has come up on various threads many times this winter too, so just check out a bit older posts.

manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do we need to take with us in terms of clothing?

Just come back from the Davvi. My advice is, take a very warm hat with ear flaps, that fastens under your chin. Take another hat to put under this. I wore a double thickness snood over my head, and pulled up over my face, and a thick hat over this. Make sure you can cover you face, and take a small pot of vaseline to ward off windburn. Take thermal hand and foot warmers , you will need them for the dog and reindeer rides. Have a good trip.

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do we need to take with us in terms of clothing?

primark have some thermals for sale for £2 each - cant go wrong with that price

what we take/wear is:

1 x base layer/thermals

2 x fleece layers - one larger than the other and if it gets warm, you can always take one layer off

outer layer

gloves/mittens (not wool ones) that also cover your wrists

hat that covers your ears

snood/scarf to cover your face

2 pairs of socks, thin wool ones (mens marks and spencers merano wool ones are great) then with a larger pair over the top (dont go for thickness, go for layers)

warm boots

thats all we wear and we also ski so there is the wind factor with this too - never had a problem with the cold even in -29

Reply to: What do we need to take with us in terms of clothing?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karesuvanto