We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nissiros

Which Kefalos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Truro, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nissiros

Am going to Kefalos on 9th June for the second year running.This time we would like to go to Nissiros.Have read in a guide book that the best way is to stay over night there in a hotel , book a scheduled boat trip then return the next day.

Has anybody done this.If so do we catch the boat from Kos town and what does it cost?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nissiros

You can take scheduled ferries from Kardamena, or Kos town.

Times vary depending on day of week, time of year, costs vary depending on speed and distance(port). The Kardamena one should be the cheapest

Kos > Nisyros, Dodec Seaways 15.50 €, Bluestar 8.50 €. Single one way.

Don't know the price from Kardamena.

http://www.gtp.gr/

You'll see hotels and 'rooms for rent' signs on buildings to the left of where the ferry comes in. Off to the right goes through the port village Mandraki where some more 'Rooms for Rent' may be indicated in store windows or signs.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nissiros

Plenty of small crafts that do the route form Kardameana (shortest distance) hotel Hanoti very nice about 500m from the port opposite direction from town... Three brothers taverna 200m from port opposite direction from town great food think they have rooms.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nissiros

have a word with stella or michail from kef tours they know capt yannis he does the Kamari trips out from where you are based they will be sure to help you you cannot miss their office on the triangle from fast food to beach road have a great holiday.

Edited: 03 June 2012, 21:09
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nissiros

Not last year but the year before i visited Nisyros with my mum and i'm sure we caught the ferry from the harbour in Kefalos? We booked with Askleplion Tours i think, its on the main road to the harbour. Hope this helps! Have a great trip! :)

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nissiros

And I bet you were on Kamari 11 captain yannis boat shop around for the best price but by no means use you travel reps for booking use the locals they are cheaper .!soo sorry reps taking yoor easy money away from ya.!

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nissiros

If you want to stay overnight then you'll probably need to look at boats from Kardi or Kos as I think the boat from Kefalos normally goes on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nissiros

Yeah we always travel independently so have never booked with a travel rep but the prices at the local tour places always seem very reasonable :)

8. Re: Nissiros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:41
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos