We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Paya Turquesa

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Paya Turquesa

Hi thinking about staying here 8/12 for 2 weeks can anyone tell me is there going to be a problem with steps to get around the hotel,as one in the party has walking dificulties. Also is there still a problem with the sand flies?

ontario
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Paya Turquesa

There are lots of stairs at this resort,there are golf carts running around the resort as shuttles though.

Hectorr

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Paya Turquesa

On the info I have read for this resort it clearly states that this resort is not suitable for people with mobility problems. As for the sandflies problem that appears to a current issue for all resorts in that area.

Montreal
Level Contributor
205 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Paya Turquesa

Hi,

Adanac answered you perfectly. We are returning to GPT on Thursday for our 10th time...although I love this place I would seriously think about booking if someone had mobility problems. The hotel is kinda built on top of a hill and it descends all the way down to the Ocean. There are 7 pools that cascade down the hill - it is amazingly beautiful but the steps are challenging bcs there are so many of them! There is a way to avoid the steps - taking the shuttle - but it is not ideal. If you have a great attitude its worth the extra trouble to wait for the shuttles that run all around the grounds. At least you know in advance what the deal is. As for sand flies - they seem to be everywhere in Holguin area - may be an after effect of the hurricane - we will post a review on our return.

4. Re: Occidental Paya Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 10:18