We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

Hi, can anybody who's been to the PCV recently give us some ideas on the cocktail menu, as we're hearing very mixed reviews.

My girlfriend is not a big drinker, and wouldn't appreciate huge measures of spirits (rum and cokes etc). She prefers a large variety of cocktails, mainly of the slush/creamy varieties. Can you give us a specific idea whats available, and wether it differs between the bars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

The selection at the lobby is the best. The beach and swim up bar are a bit limited but they do still make various types of cocktails and slush drinks. I have never had a problem getting anything that I liked at the lobby bar, the menu is quite extensive. If they do not know how to make what you want, they are more than happy to take direction.

Enjoy the PCV.

Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

we just got back from a fortnight there last thursday.

i can't remember them all as there is so many. in the main bar there are 2 cocktail lists on the bar. there must be about 30 alcoholic ones and on the back about another 10 non alcoholic. some i can remember are

pina colada

havana special

some of the white rum ones to name a few. all mixed to perfection. the pina colada's in particular are fantastic - 24 hrs a day !

they also do the usual other spirits cocktails, screwdrivers, wallbangers etc. in fact, they will knock you up what ever you want. even if its not on the list, and they won't make you pay for it. i had international brand drinks there of the top shelf and never had to pay for one! always left a peso or 2 at the end of the night for who ever looked after me though. you'll have no worries, its a bloody cocktail paradise. what ever you want, you will get.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

Whatever you like, you can get! Even if it's not on the menu, if you know what's in it, they'll make it for you.

The pina colada slush is gorgeous and you can get them to add rum if you want it.

Was there in May for 4th time..hope you love it as much as we do - enjoy. Nickie

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

Thank you all for the replies, that covers everything we needed to know.... PCV here we come!!

New England...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

Hi Danny, we were there in April and had many a cocktail in the Cigar bar. The two guys sharing the duties there were just great at mixing cocktails. just tell them what you want and they will serve you with what you want.

Have a great time at the PCV. It is a great place.

6. Re: Cocktails at the Playa Costa Verde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Rafael Freyre