We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to PCV

cannock...
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time to PCV

We will be staying at the PCV for two weeks in June it will be our fourth visit to Cuba and we have stayed in June before but we were on Cayo Guillermo then. We are very much looking forward to returning to Cuba. But if anyone has any hints or tips about this area or hotel or can advise on any good trips to do we would be very grateful. Also do you think it is worth upgrading our room. Thanks in advance

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to PCV

Definitely not worth upgrading the room. IMHO, The standard rooms are fine. I would suggest that you make sure that you book the Japanese restaurant as soon as you can.

Check out the excursions at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c158694/Cub…

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to PCV

Agree with Bellagio. Standard rooms on an upper floor (if possible) are fine and books your specialty restaurants at your earliest opportunity. Go to the Guardalavaca craft market/beach using the hop on hop off bus.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to PCV

First : you have choosen one of the best Hotel in Holguin

2 : Do not mist roast pork on Saturday by the pool

3: You must have a romantic diner somewhere...

4: If you can , you arer on holliday so, you can chose a suite... Why ? Because you will have 2 app. + one bar, + 2 TV + 2 bathrooms + 2 mini- frigs full of ..., 2 Umbrellas, + 2 robes de chambres + + + more and more why not roses ?

5 : For us, Venician restaurant is the best . Everythings perfect, light, ambiance, plate service, music,and you are not hurry by the time , After El Bohio $$$ after El Conuco restaurant for spiny lobster if you like After Kyoto ( Japaneese) Why ? Because everything is under Oil, Grease, lot of ??? sauces and a lot of noise... but... you will enjoy the cook''s show.

6: On the site you will have 8 Flea Market kiosques. Same as Guardalavaca and they change everyday. And you can deal with more than Guardalavaca. If you need more go to P.Pesquero Hotel.

7: Have another romantic supper at LA FINQUITA ALLEGRE restaurant in Melilla town 3Km from Playa Costa Verde You can walk or use a Horse buggy...by night under the stars...

8: I keep for my wife some secrets ideas as usual shutt...

Good trip

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to PCV

Those are some good points Jo H.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to PCV

Last year we did the Cuba Inside and Island Paradise excursions, both were excellent, especially the Island Paradise which we plan on doing again in 5 weeks. The Cuba Inside though, I'm not sure if I'd do it again. Half of it would be worth a repeat, but the other half would be a bit boring to do a 2nd time.

Highly recommend the Island Paradise though and if you do it, make sure you do the Safari. For us Brits it costs about 5 quid, but we do get a free bottle of rum each to compensate. They do say that we aren't insured to do it and that is why we don't get it included in the excursion like other nationalities do, but there is nothing that puts you in danger. Very much worth the small amount of money it costs.

All inclusive drinks on board the boat too, all day.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
212 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to PCV

We're there for our sixth time in June. Things I always take are: A small torch - the pathways can be unlit at night and it saves you stepping on a crab ;) A cheap lilo for the beach sunloungers - they are hard plastic! A can of Raid, just in case! A big hat. Thermal mugs. Lots of sun lotion! Face cloths and tissues - they're not supplied. An umbrella - it doesn't rain often, but if it does WOW!! Tea bags, the coffee is wonderful, the tea is mank!

Agree about the island paradise trip - the beach was one of the nicest I've ever been on. Holguin by night is good fun too! We haven't actually ever been disappointed with any of the excursions and I think we've done most of them now.

Edited: 25 April 2014, 11:29
cannock...
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to PCV

When in June are you going mooog, we'll be there 9th till the 23rd. Thank you all so much for your replies getting very excited now how we have missed Cuba we tried other Caribbean Islands the last one costing us well over twice as much and although it was lovely we just felt something was missing and then we realised it was the lovely friendliness that we get from the Cuban people

Kent, England
Level Contributor
212 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to PCV

We arrive on 17th, I'm on countdown mode already lol

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to PCV

Hi Santana 1,

Many thanks for your good words.

We will be there '' Playa Costa Verde '' another time , may first for 2 weeks of fishing ,Romantic dinners fishin again, Under the stars supper at L a Finquita Allegre,restaurant, fishing again fiesta with cubans friends , and return...tired

We hope the construction of the small shopping center is terminated . We appreciate Spa.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to PCV

Two weeks! Lucky you! Hope you have a great time and good weather! :)

Get answers to your questions about Rafael Freyre